555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • Cell: (999)999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elsie R. Murchison
To obtain an elementary teaching position (K-6)
Elementary Teacher 2009-Present
- General education teacher in inclusion third grade classroom of 24 students.
- Gathered and analyzed reading strengths and weaknesses of all students using DIBEL’s data.
- Member of Building Literacy Leadership Program where results of a variety of reading data were analyzed to decide where instruction needed to be strengthened.
- Taught English Language Learning students using the SIOP Model of instruction.
Elementary Teacher 2007-2009
- Developed innovative approaches that were held as the model standard for meeting district goals in areas including technology integration across the curriculum, experiential learning, literacy and diversity.
- Taught general education students and individuals with learning challenges within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
- Attended and participated in the Literacy training focusing on different methods of teaching literacy to all learners.
- Served on school committees and taskforces focused on curriculum development, Vice President of the PTA, fundraising for Relay for Life efforts.
Elementary Teacher 2006-2007
- Taught whole group, small group, and one-on-one instruction.
- Application of skills based groups for reading and math.
- Taught topic sentences, conclusions, and paragraphs.
- Created a cross-curricular pumpkin activity. Included collecting data, graphing the data, making predictions and confirming them, life cycle of the pumpkin, and writing a story about the pumpkin.
- Taught the different types of communities and created small examples of each in the classroom.
- Application of Love and Logic to improve classroom management.
- Introduced research project skills and report writing on an animal project.
- Created different spelling lists based on needs and abilities of students in class.
Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education
New York University, New York