999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity R. Miller
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- in data collection and analysis in order to create specific SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results Oriented and Relevant and Timely) to maximize student learning.
- Implemented SMART (Stimulating Maturity through Accelerated Readiness Training), to assist children who struggle to learn through vestibular, motor, and visual stimuli.
- Engaged urban students experiencing the challenges of poverty, diversity of language and culture, violence, and varied family systems. — Participated in staff development and coaching that emphasized best practices for classroom management, student engagement and information retention.
- Prioritized continued growth as a teacher by participating in classes and conferences: Sheltered Instructional Observational Protocol (2006),Supporting the At Risk Reader (2006), Girls and Boys Town Well Managed classroom Workshop (2006), Humanities Roundtable Core Knowledge 1st Grade (2007), Framework for Poverty Training (2007), NWEA Testing and Data Programs (2008), Teaching about World Religions in Public Schools (2009), Cultural Competency: Equity and the Future of Black Education (2009), Cultural Proficiency, Multiculturalism and Equity: Serving Today’s Students (2009), SMART (Stimulating Maturity through Accelerated Readiness Training) (2009).
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Elementary Teacher 2009 – 2010
- Prepared lesson plans that correlated with state objectives and outlines for courses of study
- Prepared and administered benchmark and state tests
- Asses student performance through anecdotal records, student-teacher conferencing, peer evaluation, checklists, and student portfolios
- First sponsor and coordinator for the fifth grade year book committee
- Coordinated buddy reading program between the 5th and Kindergartners
Elementary Teacher 2007 – 2009
- Supported a balanced reading program through the implementation of writing and reading workshops.
- Integrated technology through the development of units that included computer literacy skills; adapted to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Actively engaged students in the learning process.
- Enhanced student academic and social growth
- Fostered a sense of curiosity and a deeper understanding of varied subjects.
- Utilized various mediums, modeling, and organized student led group sharing.
Elementary Teacher 2006 – 2007
- Planned and implemented comprehensive, individualized academic program for first- and second-grade students; evaluated student progress.
- Communicated effectively with parents, coworkers, and supervisor.
- Researched and incorporated effective teaching methods.
- Designed instructional resources, including PowerPoint presentations and student materials.
- Customer service and academic support, including scheduling tours and substitute teachers.
- Expanded office use of web-based office calendar, enhancing intra-office communication.
- Inventory, requisition, receive, store and distribute supplies.
- Researched vendor services and implemented cost-cutting changes.
New York University New York, NY
in Elementary Education grades 1-6, 2004
University of California San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Conflict and Peace Studies, 2001