999 MAIN STREET • ANYTOWN • NY 99999 • 123 MAIN STREET • ANYTOWN • US 12345 • (999) 999-9999 • EMAIL@HOTMAIL.COM
Mattie B. Barnes
York University New York, NY Jan. 2007- May 2010
Bachelor of Arts: Theatre
University of California San Diego, CA Aug. 2006-Jan. 2007
Bachelor of Arts: Theatre
GHI Company June 2010-Aug. 2010
- Methods and Philosophies of Art Education
- Crafts and Techniques
- Early Childhood Education
- Supervise and instruct student teachers
- Academic advisor
XYZ Corporation Aug. 2009-April 2010
- Instruct up to 30 students in various arts and crafts projects such as collages, comic book design and
- Work closely with students to provide guidance and creative stimulation for projects
- Teaching students basic drawing and painting techniques
DEF, Incorporated Jan. 2007-May 2010
- Planned and taught lessons that included both the Fine Arts and Contemporary Arts.
- Developed an understanding of the many intricacies related to the classroom, including classroom management, reinforcement, motivation, and assessment
- Assisted students in discovering and expressing their individual and unique artistic styles.
- Developed and implemented lessons, which focused on artistic techniques, creativity, critical thinking, and critiquing skills.
- Developed rubrics, evaluated student’s projects.
- Implemented the Discipline Based Art Education Learning Style.
- Encouraged students to work in a safe and timely manner.
- Integrated various types of technology in classroom instruction.
- Collaborated with the classroom teachers to produce interdisciplinary works that focused on Cultures throughout history.
- Implemented curriculum that not only taught the students a wide variety of Artistic techniques but also provided the students with an understanding of Art concepts, terms, vocabulary, and specific Artists throughout Art History.
- Utilized the behavior management acronym CHAMPS. This behavior management acronym provided clear expectations and rules that were to be followed in my classroom at all times.
- Reinforce school and classroom policy and rules
- Utilized computer programs including Photoshop, Smart Bard, Quark, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Power Point
- Implemented a wide variety of daily elementary lesson plans left by the classroom instructor
- Assisted teachers when testing individual students
- Incorporated school wide curriculum such as FUNDATIONS, Fast Math, Science Skills, and Literacy into daily lessons
- students engaged in classroom material while encouraging open communication and discussion
XYZ Advertising Federation Sept. 2007-May 2010
American Red Cross Jan. 2007-May 2010