123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • (123) 456-7890 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Marion A. Hill
Toin a challenging environment that will enable me to implement my communication and organizational skills, while providing opportunities for personal growth and career expansion.
Experienced in the food and beverage industry, sales, customer service and public relations. Excellent computer and accounting skills. Works well under pressure.
Restaurant Manager, October 2008 – February 2010
- Managed all front of house duties pertaining to the hiring, training, and development of the wait staff.
- Made daily deposits as well provided feedback of the day’s events and employee’s area of improvement via our computer generated manager’s log.
- Worked with different vendors on the reception of payments and products
Restaurant Manager, January 2004 to July 2008
- Hand on position with complete responsibility for all restaurant related functions, systems, and processes.
- Provide leadership and supervision for employees.
- Perform operational duties; include achieving outstanding guest services, quality of food, building up sales and monitoring cost controls.
- Manage employee schedules, hiring and training new employees, bookkeeping, cost controls in and balancing account statements.
- Generate payment to vendors within 30 days time frame, pay taxes before deadline, and generate paychecks to employees.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment, answer critical phone calls.
Restaurant Manager, October 2001 to March 2004
- Developed advertising strategies, course menus, and specialty dishes for a northern Virginia area restaurant specializing in southern cuisine.
- Created, developed and implemented all formalized operational systems and procedures including employee handbook, flow charts, forms, check-lists, and duty descriptions for a workforce of 80 personnel.
York University, New York, NY 1992-1994
University of California, San Diego, CA 1990-1992
are available upon request