999 Main Street. • Any Town , • NY • 99999 • Cell: • 999-999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
July 2006 – Present Janitor Any Town, NY
- Responsible for cleaning and general maintenance of bathrooms, hallways, kitchen, daycare facilities and offices.
- Operated maintenance equipment, including vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Familiar with the correct handling, mixing and application of cleaning chemicals.
- Experienced in all aspects of housekeeping.
- Inventoried stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Issued supplies and equipment.
- Recorded concerning work assignments and time cards.
- Prepared periodic reports.
- Attended staff meetings.
- Made recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
October 2005 – Dec 2006 Janitor Any Town, NY
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and .
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
October 2004 – Dec 2005 Janitor Any Town, NY
- Swept, mopped, scrubbed and vacuumed hallways, stairs and office space.
- instrumental in keeping my items organized.
- Notified management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Successfully handled all cleaning materials including chemicals.
New York High School
High School New York
- Fast learner
- Hard worker
- Type 60WPM
- Janitorial Experience
- Proficient in computers
- Microsoft Word
- Power Point
- Interpersonal and Phone Management Skills
Assist elderly, Help out in daycare, Community Service.