999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • (999) 999-9999
Angel L. Castro
professional with over 10 years experience in the hotel industry. Solid organizational, communication and time management skills. Consistently exceeded goals. Skilled at motivating and directing others. Dedicated to quality, innovation and customer satisfaction.
Hotel General Manager (July 2009-April 2010)
- Responsible for overall operation of the hotel including all HR functions.
- Managed a staff of thirty including five Department Managers.
- Mentor And Training Manager for new General Managers.
- Trainer of “Service So Memorable” Program.
- Developed excel programs for cost control and guest satisfaction tracking that are now used throughout the region.
- Headed Sales and Accounts payable and receivable departments.
- Increased sales by 5% each year.
- Budget writing and management
Hotel General Manager (June 2009 – Present)
- Increased RevPAR (Revenue per available Room) by 31%.
- Successfully negotiated ADR (average daily rate) increases between 5% and 10% with Tour Operator Contract Managers, for every year of my tenure.
- Managed to change the culture of the employees from just serving a customer to delighting a guest, by tying their compensation on guest satisfaction among other factors (Balanced Scorecard approach).
- Managed currency exchange department.
- Key financial metrics such as ROE, stood above 12% for every year of my tenure, while FCF grew at a 10% CAGR.
- Initiated a marketing research strategy in order to understand our guests’ needs and serve them in the future. Questionnaire analysis (chi-square, t-test and ANOVA) was the main execution tool, complemented by guests’ interviews and discussions.
Hotel General Manager (September 2007-June 2009)
- Assume authority for Hotel as General Manager
- Realign, promote and market as necessary to increase revenues
- Meticulously maintain all statistical and financial records
- Recruit, train and monitor relevant staff for specific operations
- Accurately plan work schedules per requirement & payroll budget
- Raised ADR, RevPar and occupancy proportionally
- Personally sold $50,000 in room nights in first 90 days as GM
New York University – BS: Business Administration, Management 2004
University of California: Train the Trainer Certified, Front Office Academy Certified
Microsoft Office Suite
– Opera, Opera v5, POS 3700
Sage And Insight
Available upon Request