555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • firstname.lastname@example.org • E-Mail.(999) 999-9999 Home (555) 555-5555 Cell
Walter T. Carl
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
with more than 20 years of professional Executive Chef experience in restaurant and banquet settings offering a variety of cuisines. Experienced in special menu creations, food cost analysis, budgeting, inventory control and purchasing. Possess the ability to effectively plan the quantity needed for function, creating little to no waste.
ABC Company 2003-2010
- Reduced food cost 21% and labor cost 18%, well below industry standard.
- Enhanced quality and tightened cost control by implementing in-house butchering, cheese manufacturing and sauce creation.
- Executed meal service for a peak of 10,000 guests in a single week.
- Solicited to participate in Best Bridal food feature, a 7–10 page spread planned for July 2010.
- Play a key role in continuing “preferred caterer” recognition by unique St. Louis venues including Butterfly , City Museum, Gateway Arch, Old Courthouse and Magic House.
XYZ Corporation 1997-2003
- Created flavorful menus incorporating locally grown products
- Comprehensive training of front and back of the house staff
- Marketed restaurant through TV & radio
DEF, Incorporated 1990-1997
- Effectively manage daily operation of six kitchens, including the employee dining room.
- Make monthly forecasts for department payroll.
- Develop and execute creative and effective menus, tasting, with outstanding plate presentation and value to the guest.
- Make weekly and biweekly payroll.
- Responsible for effectively training all culinary team members.
- Write managers and hourly team members’ performance reviews and set aggressive goals for them.
- Able to control food and labor cost below forecasted budgets.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Able to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to insure proper payroll and productions control.
New York University – Culinary Program