999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 999.999.9999 email@example.com
a professional position that will become a lifelong and meaningful career. I have a strong interest and background in International Education and cultural studies, Student and Administrative Services within an Academic environment, humanitarian efforts, and Special Event and travel program Management. I believe in the importance of gaining and developing an in-depth cultural awareness through active involvement in the community and a commitment to lifelong service.
Technical Skills and Proficiencies
- Thorough knowledge of computer word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs. Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively.
- Advanced research skills: archival, web, literature.
- Analyze processes for effectiveness and ways to improve systems.
- Excellent communication skills with professional, academic, and public audiences.
- Work well as a team, while also thriving on independent projects.
- Ability to show appropriate initiative and handle diverse assignments with flexibility and timeliness.
- Detail and goal-oriented, positive time-management skills, multitasking and ability to work well under pressure.
April 2008 – Present ABC Inc.
Graduate Medical Education Administrative Assistant
Any Town, NY
- Provide administrative support to the Manager and the department.
- Monthly budget meetings with Manager and Director.
- Reconciling and payment of invoices (after Manager Reviews.)
- Enter all invoices in Lawson for the department.
- Timekeeper – Edit, pay codes, e-mail notification to employee and .
- Greet customers, answer telephones, and purchase office supplies.
- Arrange hotel, travel and conferences for manager and employees.
- Coordinate meetings as directed by manager, including ordering equipment, documentation, and food.
- Process Reimbursement Check Request and Petty Cash.
- Assist with Student – As Needed.
- Proctor exam – serve as back up as needed – as needed.
- Handle all activities throughout the day and perform other duties as assigned.
- Special Projects and Research.
- Content is very confidential and sensitive.
September 2005 – 2008 XYZ Corp.
Any Town, NY
- Coordinated meetings, recorded and transcribed minutes.
- Formatted and typed education materials.
- Attended monthly informational meetings.
September 2002 – 2005 BCD Inc.
Any Town, NY
- Responsibilities included screening phone calls and managing the calendar, finalizing letters and preparing engagement letters, audit proposals and financial statements.
- Respond to client email inquiries, mailing returns to clients and managing client consent forms.
- duties included, but not limited to: preparing weekly billing invoices for clients, setup of new clients, accounts receivable for the firm, heavy paperwork and assembly of clients’ individual, estate and trust income tax returns, route fax-in emails to appropriate staff, answering main phone line and special projects and reports as needed.
University of Chicago