999 Main Street
Any town, NY-99999
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- initiative, creativity, and success with developing proactive team-building skills.
- Dedicated and focused; able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and follow through to achieve project goals.
- An independent and self-motivated professional with excellent sales, research, analytic, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to grow positive relationships with clients and colleagues at all organizational levels.
- Excellent computer skills to include, but not limited to, MS Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and more.
- Proven record of sales, Collections, training, teaching and developing staff to their maximum ability.
- Strong work ethic, highly dependable, and adaptable.
Admissions Representative, 2007 to 2009
- Interview applicants through telephone contact and (face-to-face) personal interviews.
- Review programs including touring through the facility with prospective students.
- Discuss accreditation, placement assistance, and student services with each prospective student and keep the highest levels of integrity and intelligence regarding school and programs.
- Ability to multi-task and to succeed within strict deadlines.
- Exceptional social and customer focus skills. Persuasive communication skills & proven ability to interact effectively with students, staff and faculty.
- Strong attention to detail and have the capability to be highly organized.
- Coordinated and expedited monthly office supply order for 14 member team and support staff.
Field Admission Representative And Trainer, 2005 – 2007
- Established and cultivated relationships with high school teachers, guidance counselors, administrative staff, and service managers.
- Designed and delivered motivational career presentations to high school students.
- Generated leads for possible enrollments and conducted in-home enrollment .
- Worked closely with family and school officials to ensure students success in their post-secondary education.
- Researched scholarships to assist enrolled students financial needs.
- Trained new representatives on how to gain access to schools, give career presentations, generated leads, conduct in-home enrollment interviews and close sales.
Admissions Coordinator, 2002-2005
- Operate within prescribed regulations and standardized recruitment procedures.
- Inform Director of Admissions of admissions activity by generating reports and analyze reports for improper data entry.
- Ensure timely and accurate lead distribution and redistribution to representatives.
- Ensure that all leads are tracked to the appropriate lead source and type.
- Ensure all appropriate fields are completed for student data.
- Understand how the data flows into the Monthly Marketing Report and Marketing Plans.
- Monitor Admissions Representative’s CampusVue data input and alert Director of Admissions to data entry errors.
- Assist Admissions department in obtaining student documentation to complete student files before the start of school.
- Manage all Front Desk activity.
- Disseminate, track and follow through on all proof of graduation requests for enrolled students.
- Attend weekly accountability meetings and provide a report detailing missing documents.
- Mail out acceptance, orientation and any other letters as needed.
- Work with Director of Admissions to know what advertising campaigns are being produced each month and ensure all lead sources to support those campaigns have been entered into CampusVue.
- Maintain communication with advertising agencies to reconcile leads against daily lead log.
- Monitor data entry on the Flash report daily.
- Assist Director of Admissions in updating white boards daily with accurate data.
- required admissions reports.
Carnegie Mellon University -2002
Bachelor of Science –Public Administration and Political Science
University of Florida
Associates of Applied Sciences – Liberal Arts -1997