999 Main Street,
Any Town, NY 99999.
Donald Robinson PhD
10 years of post- PhD expertise in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques. Proven track record with high impact publications as a first author and over 60 citations. Excellent team player, and 5 years of supervising and mentoring experience.
TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS:
- biology: gene and recombinant DNA cloning, genomic PCR, RT-PCR, cloning full length genes by PCR, sub cloning to expression vectors, DNA sequencing analysis, site directed mutagenesis, southern blot, northern blot, DNA isolation from bacteria, yeast, HeLa cells and RNA extraction from HeLa cells and yeast
- Biochemistry: recombinant protein expression and purification, separation of proteins by FPLC, immobilization of proteins with cyanogens bromide, protein quantization with Lowry and Bradford methods, immunodetection and western blot analysis, dot blot analysis, ELISA, in vivo and in vitro labeling of proteins with radioactive isotopes and measuring protein degradation by pulse-chase analysis
- Cell biology: primary cell culture, DNA and RNA transfection, yeast genetics, flow cytometry, live cell imaging, cell lysis techniques, immunofluorescence, RNAi (with siRNA, shRNA and lentivirus), multiwall plate-based cytotoxicity and proliferation assays
- Instrumentation: UV-visible absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy, atomic absorption, co focal, bright field and fluorescence microscopy, HPLC, fluorometer and plate reading assays
- Computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Molecular Medical Laboratory Technician, ABC Inc – Any Town, NY July 2008 – Present
- Total DNA and RNA extraction and purification.
- Real-time qRT-PCR of viral isolates following CDC procedure for influenza samples.
- Cell culture storage, archival, and scraping.
- Detection of swine flu (H1N1), influenza A, B, H1, H3, Nor virus by qRT-PCR.
- Position of Trust security clearance.
- Adenovirus 14 RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, and fluorescent detection.
Assistant Scientist, XYZ Corp – Any Town, NY January 2005 – June 2008
- Created first molecular biology SOPs for the company, consisting of large scale endotoxin-free preparation for human vectors, agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Performed molecular cloning through RNA isolation, RT-PCR, PCR, restriction enzyme digests, ligation, cell transformation, and PCR screening.
- Established RT-PCR protocol for cloning of difficult human genes.
- Modified expression vectors to alter domains and modify drug resistance.
- Analyzed clones using DNA Star sequencing software and alignment programs to confirm successful cloning of functional domains.
- Produced large scale plasmid DNA (1-5 mg) for trans faction of mammalian cells and production of drug candidates.
- Developed in vitro assays for tumor mechanistic studies, including complement-fixation lytic activities of antibodies, IHC staining (CD4+, CD8+, macrophage), cell proliferation assays, FACS, IFN-γ ELISPOT.
- Presented comprehensive data through PowerPoint at company meetings.
- Trained employees on molecular biology techniques and related equipment.
- Experienced in matrix-managed work teams.
- Assisted colleagues as needed for any group projects.
- Served on the Safety Committee.
Biochemical and molecular analysis, BCD Inc – Any Town, NY May2001 – December 2004
- Prepared, isolated and characterize synthetic DNA substrates.
- Over expressed and purified proteins from large scale bacterial cultures.
- Executed in vitro studies of the repair complex on a variety of DNA lesions.
- the covalent modifications of oligonucleotides.
Permanent Resident of USA.
Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, CA 2001-2004
M.S. Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1998-2000
AWARDS AND HONORS: