999 Main Street,
Any Town, NY 99999.
Donald Robinson PhD
10 years of post- PhD expertise in molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques. Proven track record with high impact publications as a first author and over 60 citations. Excellent team player, and 5 years of supervising and mentoring experience.
TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS:
- biology: gene and recombinant DNA cloning, genomic PCR, RT-PCR, cloning full length genes by PCR, sub cloning to expression vectors, DNA sequencing analysis, site directed mutagenesis, southern blot, northern blot, DNA isolation from bacteria, yeast, HeLa cells and RNA extraction from HeLa cells and yeast
- Biochemistry: recombinant protein expression and purification, separation of proteins by FPLC, immobilization of proteins with cyanogens bromide, protein quantization with Lowry and Bradford methods, immunodetection and western blot analysis, dot blot analysis, ELISA, in vivo and in vitro labeling of proteins with radioactive isotopes and measuring protein degradation by pulse-chase analysis
- Cell biology: primary cell culture, DNA and RNA transfection, yeast genetics, flow cytometry, live cell imaging, cell lysis techniques, immunofluorescence, RNAi (with siRNA, shRNA and lentivirus), multiwall plate-based cytotoxicity and proliferation assays
- Instrumentation: UV-visible absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy, atomic absorption, co focal, bright field and fluorescence microscopy, HPLC, fluorometer and plate reading assays
- Computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Molecular Medical Laboratory Technician, ABC Inc – Any Town, NY July 2008 – Present
- Total DNA and RNA extraction and purification.
- Real-time qRT-PCR of viral isolates following CDC procedure for influenza samples.
- Cell culture storage, archival, and scraping.
- Detection of swine flu (H1N1), influenza A, B, H1, H3, Nor virus by qRT-PCR.
- Position of Trust security clearance.
- Adenovirus 14 RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE, and fluorescent detection.
Assistant Scientist, XYZ Corp – Any Town, NY January 2005 – June 2008
- Created first molecular biology SOPs for the company, consisting of large scale endotoxin-free preparation for human vectors, agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Performed molecular cloning through RNA isolation, RT-PCR, PCR, restriction enzyme digests, ligation, cell transformation, and PCR screening.
- Established RT-PCR protocol for cloning of difficult human genes.
- Modified expression vectors to alter domains and modify drug resistance.
- Analyzed clones using DNA Star sequencing software and alignment programs to confirm successful cloning of functional domains.
- Produced large scale plasmid DNA (1-5 mg) for trans faction of mammalian cells and production of drug candidates.
- Developed in vitro assays for tumor mechanistic studies, including complement-fixation lytic activities of antibodies, IHC staining (CD4+, CD8+, macrophage), cell proliferation assays, FACS, IFN-γ ELISPOT.
- Presented comprehensive data through PowerPoint at company meetings.
- Trained employees on molecular biology techniques and related equipment.
- Experienced in matrix-managed work teams.
- Assisted colleagues as needed for any group projects.
- Served on the Safety Committee.
Biochemical and molecular analysis, BCD Inc – Any Town, NY May2001 – December 2004
- Prepared, isolated and characterize synthetic DNA substrates.
- Over expressed and purified proteins from large scale bacterial cultures.
- Executed in vitro studies of the repair complex on a variety of DNA lesions.
- the covalent modifications of oligonucleotides.
Permanent Resident of USA.
Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, CA 2001-2004
M.S. Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1998-2000
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Analytical Chemistry Resume Sample One
- Analytical Chemistry Resume Sample Two
- Analytical Chemistry Resume Sample Three
- Baker Resume Sample One
- Baker Resume Sample Two
- Baker Resume Sample Three
- Biochemist Resume Sample One
- Biochemist Resume Sample Two
- Biochemist Resume Sample Three
- Bioinformatics Resume Sample One
- Bioinformatics Resume Sample Two
- Bioinformatics Resume Sample Three
- Biology Resume Sample One
- Biology Resume Sample Two
- Biology Resume Sample Three
- Biotech Resume Sample One
- Biotech Resume Sample Two
- Biotech Resume Sample Three
- Biotechnology Resume Sample One
- Biotechnology Resume Sample Two
- Biotechnology Resume Sample Three
- Chemist Resume Sample One
- Chemist Resume Sample Two
- Chemist Resume Sample Three
- Chemistry Resume Sample One
- Chemistry Resume Sample Three
- Correspondent Resume Sample One
- Correspondent Resume Sample Two
- Correspondent Resume Sample Three
- Federal Government Resume Sample One
- Federal Government Resume Sample Two
- Federal Government Resume Sample Three
- Firefighter Resume Sample One
- Firefighter Resume Sample Two
- Firefighter Resume Sample Three
- Geologist Resume Sample One
- Geologist Resume Sample Two
- Geologist Resume Sample Three
- Geology Resume Sample One
- Geology Resume Sample Two
- Geology Resume Sample Three
- GIS Specialist Resume Sample One
- GIS Specialist Resume Sample Two
- GIS Specialist Resume Sample Three
- GIS Technician Resume Sample One
- GIS Technician Resume Sample Two
- GIS Technician Resume Sample Three
- Insurance Agent Resume Sample One
- Insurance Agent Resume Sample Two
- Insurance Agent Resume Sample Three
- Investigator Resume Sample One
- Investigator Resume Sample Two
- Investigator Resume Sample Three
- Librarian Resume Sample One
- Librarian Resume Sample Two
- Librarian Resume Sample Three
- Library Assistant Resume Sample One
- Library Assistant Resume Sample Two
- Library Assistant Resume Sample Three
- Microbiology Resume Sample One
- Microbiology Resume Sample Two
- Microbiology Resume Sample Three
- Military to Civilian Resume Sample One
- Military to Civilian Resume Sample Two
- Military to Civilian Resume Sample Three
- Military Transition Resume Sample One
- Military Transition Resume Sample Two
- Military Transition Resume Sample Three
- Molecular Biologist Resume Sample One
- Molecular Biologist Resume Sample Two
- Molecular Biologist Resume Sample Three
- Mortgage Underwriter Resume Sample One
- Mortgage Underwriter Resume Sample Two
- Mortgage Underwriter Resume Sample Three
- Peer Counselor Resume Sample One
- Peer Counselor Resume Sample Two
- Peer Counselor Resume Sample Three
- Police Sergeant Resume Sample One
- Police Sergeant Resume Sample Two
- Police Sergeant Resume Sample Three
- Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample One
- Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample Two
- Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample Three
- Research Scientist Resume Sample One
- Research Scientist Resume Sample Two
- Research Scientist Resume Sample Three
- Researcher Resume Sample One
- Researcher Resume Sample Two
- Researcher Resume Sample Three
- Scientific Resume Sample One
- Scientific Resume Sample Two
- Scientific Resume Sample Three
- Scientist Resume Sample One
- Scientist Resume Sample Two
- Scientist Resume Sample Three
- Senior Management Resume Sample One
- Senior Management Resume Sample Two
- Senior Management Resume Sample Three
- Statistician Resume Sample One
- Statistician Resume Sample Two
- Statistician Resume Sample Three
- Veterans Resume Sample One
- Veterans Resume Sample Two
- Veterans Resume Sample Three