999 Any Town, NY 99999
Microbiology professional with 10+ years of successful experience in various research and medical laboratories. Proven technical skills in plant and medical biology with strong knowledge of Psychopathology, Radio Immunology, and Biochemistry giving good hands on basic techniques in Microbiology and Molecular Biology including plating, staining, cell culture, chromatographic techniques, polymerase chain reaction and so on.. Successful track record of providing best in class customer support to various cross functional, internal and external customers along with building strong interpersonal relationships. Exceptional trainer and mentor with skills to motivate peak individual performance from team members and peers.
Key Competencies and Professional Strengths:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Chromatographic Techniques
- Plant & Animal Tissue Culture
- DNA, RNA Isolation & Purification
- DNA Sequencing
- Flow Cytometry (FACS)
- Restriction & Digestion Techniques
- Molecular Cloning
- Blotting Techniques
- Spectro Photometric Techniques
- Cell culture
- Gene Expression Analysis
- Immunological techniques
- USDA, FDA Regulation.
- Foot printing
- Gram Staining Techniques
- BIOLOG, API
Microbiology Lab Technician Nov 2000Present
ABC Inc. Any Town, New York
- Process urine and other cultures for susceptibility of pathogen.
- Process more than 300 Uri cults a Day.
- Ability to work with VITEK and MICRO SCAN WALK AWAY to suspect and sensitivity of .
- Load the blood cultures in BACTAC automated machine to process blood culture.
- Perform daily worksheet and call to Nursing home for missing specimen.
- Perform over 30 C-diff tests for stool.
- Handling multiple tasks at once with various deadlines.
- Answering to attend phone calls from Nursing homes and resolve their problems.
Microbiology Technician Feb 2009 – Aug 2009
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Bacteriological analysis of food products using AOAC methodology.
- Tests include: Aseptic techniques, testing for Staphylococcus aureus, Listeria monocy togenes and species, Salmonella, Clostridium, Bacillus cereus, Lactobacilli detection.
- E. coli 0157 using Reveal Rapid Detection for 8 and 12 hr samples, three days and fivez days yeast and mold detection.
- E. coli, Salmonella, yeast and mold detection of pharmaceutical swabs.
- Water Portability Testing on both pool and raw water samples, testing of samples.
- Observed the use of PCR for the detection of Listeria and Salmonella.
- The use of Petri film, MPN and pour plate methods for bacterial identification.
- Observed the use of VIDAS for Salmonella detection.
Microbiology August 2006 – Jan 2009
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
- Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
- Ph Salmonella samples.
- Batch work orders at the right time.
- Push samples into the right incubator.
- Check off Listeria and E. coli samples at the end of the night.
Master of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology
University of Washington, Seattle
Master of Science in Microbiology
University of Texas, Austin
Bachelors of Science in Microbiology
Case Western Reserve University
in Medical Laboratory Technology
Ohio State University, Columbus
Computer & Software Skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Skilled in SPC, SAP, BRUTUS and LIMS.
Currently learning SAS.