99999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
(999) 999-9999 (C)
PURCHASING, PLANNING AND SUPPLY CHAIN
leader with proven success increasing profitability by meeting or exceeding purchasing goals utilizing root cause analysis. Key competencies include:
- Regulated Manufacturing Environments.
- Inventory Reduction.
- Talent Maximization and Team Building.
- Supply Chain Management.
- ERP systems: SAP, Syte line, Power serve, AMAPS, and IQR.
- ISO-Regulated Production Environments.
- Process Improvement.
- Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen.
ABC INC., Any Town, NY
Purchasing Manager (3/07-11/09)
- Achieved a departmental cost savings of $3.0MM during the period of 2007-2009 through redefining material specifications, volume discounts, and a new supplier selection process.
- Renegotiated lead times resulting in a reduction of raw material stocking levels by 20% in 2009, which resulted in a reduction of $5.0MM while maintaining superior service to customers.
- Reduced the number of raw materials by 3% in less than 6 months in order to minimize risk exposure.
- Reduced the number of customer orders delayed due to a raw material outage from 5% in 2007 to less than 0.5% in 2009.
- Developed a Supplier Score Card that drove improvements in performance and reduced the rejection rate for incoming raw materials from 5% to 2%
- Conducted supplier audits to ensure supplier expectations were followed, resulting in an increase in adherence to the product specifications and packaging conformity.
- Leveraged company’s procurement activities through a high level of understanding of materials, markets, global negotiations, and forming strategic alignments that led to a strong supply chain.
- Led the closure of 2 production sites and the ramp-up of relocated production at remaining sites.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
Purchasing Manager (6/06-3/07)
- Plan, direct and oversee the purchasing activities.
- Maintain an accurate amount of inventory for everyday use and prevent machine down .
- Implement policies and procedures to keep updating our purchasing department.
- Track a monthly budget of all purchases and verify all account codes for each purchase.
- Coordinate all activities of inventory and stock transactions.
- Resource and negotiate with new vendors.
- Comply with all purchasing contracts with new vendors.
- Identify and resolve issues with purchasing and inventory errors.
- Oversee request for quotes and new vendor requests.
- Maintain records of all purchasing documentation and procedure of all actives.
- Prepare for all audits and supervise our year-end physical inventory.
- Sign and approve all purchase orders and request affiliated with purchasing procedure.
- Assign projects and supervise new activities.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY
Purchasing Manager (4/04-4/06)
- Managed a yearly budget of 20 million dollars for hardware and software purchases.
- Conducted detailed reviews of open orders and identified cost-savings opportunities, with notable results reflected in the capturing of $200,000 in expenditure reductions.
- Sourced and developed trusting alliances with national vendors with a focus on solidifying business relationships to improve negotiating outcomes, contain costs, expedite shipments and solve end-user problems.
- Compiled and conducted detailed analysis of end-of-quarter reports to capitalize on manufactures’ rebate opportunities.
- Collaborated with management-team colleagues to analyze sales forecasts and formulate the strategic plans needed to achieve short- and long-range supply-management and order-fulfillment goals.
(Enrolled) Master of Business Administration Program, Stanford University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Production Operations Management, University Pennsylvania, 1992
APICS Certified (CPIM)
use of ERP systems (SAP, ORACLE, Syteline, Power cerv), IQR (specialized inventory evaluation system)
Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint software.
- Member of ISM
- Any Town School of Business Alumni Assoc. officer