999 Any City • Any Town • FL 99999 • (999) 999-9999 Phone; (999) 999-9999 Cell • email@example.com
PHILIP G. VARLEY
background gained in both large and small organizations. In-depth knowledge of all phases of the control functions including treasury areas. Singled out as a problem-solver specializing in increasing revenues and reducing operating costs. Experience in manufacturing, construction, retail, real estate, import and export, wholesale, distribution, and service industries. Open to relocation. Certified Public Accountant.
FUNCTIONAL SKILL SUMMARY:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Dutch GAAP
- Job Cost
- Inventory Control
- Financial Statements
- Bank Relations
- Cash Flow
- Cash Management
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Insurance Evaluation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Risk Management
- Analytical Review
- EPA Permits
- Research and Planning
- Customer and Vendor Relations
- Internal Control
- Policies and Procedures
- Portfolio Management
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources Management
- Contract Administration
- System Development and Implementation
- Software and Hardware
- Information Technology
- Due Diligence
2008-2009 AAA Company.
- Meet with managers on a monthly basis to review financial results, ensure budgets are being to and develop action plans for areas of weakness. Prepare financial variance reports. Departments include Food & Beverage, Retail, Spa and Administrative departments
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely manner and ensure that proper documentation and support is included
- Prepare monthly journal entries and monthly accruals
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the Resort and work on Ad-hoc reporting for budgeting process
- Prepare monthly revenue and labor forecast for departments
- Responsible for handling the inventory process for Retail and Food & Beverage warehouses on a monthly basis to ensure proper counts and reporting from source systems
- Part of the implementation team for Food & Beverage and Retail POS as well as the Retail Inventory System
- Financial System Administrator for Food & Beverage and Retail POS systems
- Manage Day to Day operations of the Income, Night Audit staff and General Cashier
- Responsible for proper tracking and explanation of variance of all pre-opening expenses for the Resort
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for Resorts, to include procedures for Operations Departments and Accounting procedures for staff
1999 –2007 BBB Limited
- Legal restructure of French operation in Paris eliminated over $4m of annual losses.
- Successfully challenged German tax decision and won over $5m of tax benefits.
- Restructured worldwide risk management and reduced premiums by over $400,000.
- Created international transfer pricing model saving $3 million annually.
- Introduced standardized worldwide accounting system into 6 foreign subsidiaries.
1993 – 1999 CCC Corporation
- Responsible for monthly financial accounting and reporting for Shareholders and Board of Directors (including operations in Dubai and Greece)
- Managed finance staff of 16 individuals, including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing and general accounting
- CFO in annual budget and monthly financial forecasting process
- Lead contact for external audit and tax reporting
- Lead contact for annual Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) audit
- Led Firm cost saving efforts that resulted in over $3M in savings for fiscal 2010
B.S., Accounting, New York University,