9999 State Lane • Any Town • NY 99999 • Phone: 999-999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Manager And Consultant (Direct Hire or Contract)
innovative self starter with strong cost accounting, financial reporting, and internal audit skills along with experience developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls that significantly improve P&L – $2.9M Cost Savings. Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems and best practices; cost-reduction, financial analysis, and internal controls. Strong Computer skills which include proficiency in Excel, SAP, People Soft, JDE, and MS Office. Highly developed people skills in communication, management, leadership, and problem solving.
Recent Professional Experience
ABC INC – NEW YORK, NY
International Controller, 2003 to Present
- Analyzed annual and quarterly operating plans including Sales, COGS, gross margin and forecasting and identified savings resulting in level spending against previous year, while overall sales grew by 50%.
- Developed and enhanced weekly and monthly reporting package to included key indicators to allow operations to
- Identify risks and opportunities immediately.
DEF CORPORATION – NEW YORK, NY
International Controller 1999 to 2003
- Managed software and hardware conversions for automotive after-market manufacturing and organization with national sales program.
- Revised and completed previously unsuccessful attempt to convert accounting systems to Great Plains software.
- Researched hardware requirements necessary to support expanded MIS functions.
- Selected external network consultants to implement upgrade of Novell operating system and installation of new hardware.
XYZ COMPANY LIMITED – NEWYORK, NY
International Controller 1989-1999
- Hands on” accounting for commercial & industrial real estate brokerage firm, through to monthly GAAP compliant financial statements and financial reporting packages for management and Board of Directors
- Sole Great Plains software Administrator; programmed and implemented financial statement reports to utilize FRx reporting software
- Streamlined accounting department processes and monthly close-down cycle; trained staff to improve functionality of software
- Liaison experience with corporate tax accountants reduced consulting fees by 48%; managed all audits for tax returns, property tax, and workers compensation, and completed all corporate filings
- Analyzed and reconciled all general ledger accounts and bank accounts monthly
- Implemented disposal of dormant assets, resulting in 20% reduction of annual property taxes
- Budget preparation; documented all accounting, banking, software, and payroll procedures
- Active management of 8 bank accounts, resulting in 256% increase in interest income
- Full charge of all aspects of 401(K) plan, HSA plan, and all semi-monthly, bonus, commission, and fringe benefit payrolls
- and managed 3 staff, and acted as daily backup for A and P, A and R, and sales agent assistants
- UNIVERSITY OF NEWYORK – New York, NY
- Master of Science in Accounting with minor in Finance (GPA 3.6 / 4.0)
- New York State University – New York, NY
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Concentration in Management