99 Any City • Any Town • TX 99999 •  999-9999 • email@example.com
James O Houchins
Jul 2005 – Present ABC Company Any Town TX
- all required accounting procedures and controls
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounting and internal reporting
- Created and maintained a comprehensive and cost-effective system of internal control
- Ensured that financial information was accurately developed, analyzed and reported to owners
- Maintained proper control over bank accounts including bank reconciliation and cash-related transactions
- Resolved financial fluctuations
- Reviewed and reconciled all debit and credit charges
- Internal Payroll
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Corporate and Personal Year-end tax filings
- Analyzed Personal property Tax issues
- Day-to-Day internal reporting of Funds
- Internal Cash Flow-Budget Control
Mar 2003-Jul 2005 PQR INC Any Town TX
- Lead and enhance monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures and consolidation process for all North American and Asian Operating subsidiaries.
- Perform analytical review of all North American and Asian operating subsidiaries on financial results, assets under management, product performance, and staffing .
- Coordinate in development of annual forecast, plan, and multi-year plan.
- Collaborate with subsidiaries CFOs and Controllers in range of efforts related to managing and continuous improvement initiatives, as well as accounting guidance, and address outstanding business issues.
- Work with auditor(s) in the preparation of annual Audited Financial Statements and tax returns
Aug 2001-Feb 2003 XYZ Limited Any Town, TX
- Successful startup of China joint venture manufacturing facility within six months of signed agreement.
- Hired and trained three controllers (China, Germany and Switzerland).
- Identified and corrected legal and financial noncompliance in Malaysia and initiated closure of operation and transfer to China facility.
- Chose and implemented new financial software in Europe and Asia.
- Developed feasibility studies for South Africa and South America.
- need to move nail and staple products from high cost manufacturing in France to a new low cost Polish facility. Arranged for the construction of the Polish facility and the transfer.
Boston College Boston TX
1980 MBA Degree in Marketing
1977 BS Degree in Accounting and Finance
1967-1972 U. S. Air Force Honorable Discharge