999 Main Street
Any town, NY – 99999
To achieve optimal levels of personal performance, and accomplishment as a vital member of a procurement team
Summary of Qualifications
- in Microsoft Office, Access, PowerPoint and Crystal Reporting
- Type 90 WPM, Data entry Alpha-numeric 14,000 KPH and 10 Key Numeric 17,000
- Ability to work well with teams and individually
- Communicate well with all levels of management
- Bi-Lingual Spanish as secondary language
ABC Inc. Contract Specialist 2004-2009
- Supervised (4) Purchasing Agents, (6) Procurement Clerks. Also served as a division head for the contracts and procurement division with the responsibility for training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating employees within the division. Established work priority and deadlines.
- Unlimited procurement authority for Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF) purchases regionally, excluding construction purchase which is limited to 2,000 by law.
- Processed and coordinate all necessary procurement documents, Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA’s), Purchase Orders, Service Contracts, Government Credit Card, and Maintenance Agreements.
- Routinely met with local vendors on pricing, product development and new technology.
- Performed as the Agency Program Coordinator (APC) for the NAF Government credit card.
- Tracked over 1.5million on Appropriated Fund (APF) purchases annually, utilizing FASTDATA.
- Prepared all APF documents for purchase through Federal Industrial Supply Center (FISC).
- Ensure that all government sources of procurement have been considered prior to from commercial sources.
XYZ Corp. Contract Specialist 2001-2004
- Support Indefinite Delivery and Indefinite Quantity (ID and IQ) contracting needs in excess of $50M.
- Create, design and analyze spreadsheets to track funding and cost.
- Develop, evaluate and provide guidance on Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Utilized the Federal Acquisition Regulation Manual (FAR) on a daily basis.
- Daily interaction both written and orally with co-workers, customers and management.
- Perform market and price research and analysis as well as program evaluations.
- Lead teams on source selection contracting needs, research projects, evaluations and technical needs.
- Executes post award contract performance management on assigned group of contracts.
- Provides business advice and guidance to others on contracting work and prepare correspondence.
- Assisted in training new employees.
BCD Inc., Contract Specialist 2002-2004
- Reviewed files to ensure that the acquisitions were under an Indefinite Delivery Contracts, Simplified Acquisition and, or Multi-Year Contracts.
- Reconciled variances between the contract writing system and the financial system to correct all deficiencies and processed modifications to update the records.
- Closeout of expired contracts physically, financially and administratively by analyzing the completeness of documents in contract files; i.e., receiving reports, release of claims and final invoices. Sent requests to contract specialists for receiving reports and notification letters to contractors for release of claims.
- Verified if all modifications were entered into the writing systems.
- disposition of contract files; i.e., retaining files at the regional office, sending files to the National Record Center for archive, and, or destroying files upon meeting the overall retention period.
96-98/04-06 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Associates of Science with a Business Management emphasis
07-Present Ohio State University, Columbus
Bachelors of Science with a Business Management emphasis