999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999
with experience in a metaphysician family medical practice and additional healthcare experience as a CNA. Known for dedication to providing premium patient care.
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Records Management
- Data Entry
- Bookkeeping & Filing
- Taking Patient Vitals
- Blood Draws
- Patient Scheduling
- Patient Education
- HIPAA & JCAHO Knowledge
Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist, 2009-Present
- Work for a group of doctors in a family practice office.
- Room patients, take vitals, immunization shots, venipucture, process and spin down blood, enter patient info into computer.
- Various duties as needed.
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2008-2009
- Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, ordering blood products, maintaining medical records, patient processing, charting patient’s critical results to the and nursing supervisors) that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures (e.g., EKGs, chemistry analysis, hematology, and urinalysis).
- Ensured the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all facilities, and equipment.
- Helped implement practice’s quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA, and OSHA regulations; improved patient care and satisfaction.
- Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
- Performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture.
- Prepared, processed, and stored patient specimens and samples according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment.
- Transported specimens to the laboratory for testing.
- Obtained intake information, including personal data, medical history, and insurance coverage.
- Utilized standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification.
- Conferred with patient to obtain information for laboratory records.
- patient information, verified insurance information.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), 2003-Present
- Phlebotomy Tech , 2003-Present
- High School Diploma, New York High School