99999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 999-999-9999
Toa position in the medical field that will allow me to use my knowledge of medical office procedures and medical billing and coding.
2008- Till Date AAA Medical Care, New York, NY
- Responsible for accurate coding and abstracting of clinical information from medical records.
- Identify issues resulting in non-payment of claims due to internal and external issues.
- Apply insurance payments from checks and EFT’s.
- Help front office when needed checking patients in and out, collecting copays and deductible percentages and balances, pull patient charts and file back when needed, balancing money at end of day, updating patient information as well as insurance verification, and answer phones.
- Special projects.
May 1998-May 2008 BBB Clinic, New York, NY
- Assisted physicians and nursing staff with clinical procedures, i.e., vital signs, minor office surgeries, changes, splint applications & patient education, EKGs, ear lavages, vision screenings, in an Adult Urgent Care setting
- Assembled equipment for clinical procedures, i.e., sterile trays, ear wash systems, eye washes.
- Sterilized surgical equipment and other medical supplies.
1988-1991/1995-1998 CCC Health Services , New York, NY
- Performed medical coding and billing functions using CPT and ICD codes.
- Processed insurance claims using the system.
- Assembled, filed and retrieved medical charts.
- Analyzed patient charts to research deficiencies.
- Verified insurance coverage, and updated electronic computer files and patients’ charts
of New York, NewYork NY
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Management
References are available on request.