2222 Any Street • New York • NY 22222 • (222) 222-2222 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika J. Lemus
a Medical position in the medical field where my experience and skills can be an asset to your team.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Committed to complete a job on time
- Proven ability to overcome and solve problems
- Medical billing educated as well as terminology
- Friendly and dedicated
- Enthusiastic team member
- Able to meet dead lines
- Great ability to managed patients’ information
- Outstanding in acting as a liaison between medical facilities and insurance carriers (HMOs, PPOs, Medi-cal, Medicare)
- Strong motivated and dedicated to the job
- Handle claims with different Insurances
- Ability to read and interpret EOBs, and face sheets from medical facilities
- Setting up new patients accounts
- Verification of insurance (Medi-cal as well as other insurances)
- Posting payments
- Knowledge with insurance authorizations and denials
- Correct denial claims with correct information and re-submit claims
- Submit electronic claims and paper claims (primary insurance or secondary insurance)
- Follow up on unpaid claims as well as old claims
April 2010 to Sept. 2010 Medical Billing, ABC Hospital, New York, NY
- Insurance and patient billing, collections,
- Posting of all charges and payments, end of day balancing
- Accounts Receivables
March 2010 to March 2010 Medical Billing, JKL Clinic, New York, NY
- Medical billing.
- Post payments to accounts
- Collector for bills over 60 days past due.
- Monthly and daily quota I had to meet.
- ICD 9 codes and CTP Codes.
- Hospital billing and many different insurance plans
Sept. 2009 to Feb 2010 Medical Billing, XYZ Health Care, New York, NY
- Verifying Eligibility for Insurance, entering patient demographics into Lytec System.
- Entering daily charges for hospital and office visits, processing electronic claims and paper claims, Posting co-pays and Insurance payments.
- Checking and verifying claims report.
Education And Training:
Medi-cal seminar, Certificate of Complication, Sep, 2010
United Education Institute, CPR Certified, Aug., 2010
Education Institute, Medical Billing and Coding Diploma, March, 2010
Loyola High school, General Education, Diploma, June, 2007
Available upon request