1111 Any Street • New York • NY 11111 • (111) 111 – 1111 • email@example.com
Toa position utilizing my experience as a Medical Assistant and Office Administrator with an organization that is stable and promotes career development.
- Obtained Medical Assistant Certificate (2006)
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Access
- Internet Explorer
- Experience scheduling appointments
- Experience in a medical and insurance related industry
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Great customer service skills
- Good data entry skills
- Motivated team player
- Adept organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain dedicated sense of urgency and follow-through
6 yrs. Office Administration And Support
- Accountable for the timeliness and quality of medical services and reports.
- Successfully completed data entry of patient medical information.
- Provided telephone and office support including faxing and filing, greeting customers, scheduling appointments, and maintaining office medical files.
- Processed and dispensed all outgoing and incoming mail.
- Trained new office personnel on appropriate office procedures to include medical billing and verification of insurance benefits with local providers.
- Responsible for balancing insurance co-pays to include cash payments.
- Provided loan processing support.
3 yrs. – Certified Medical Assistant
- Provided general medical assistance which included taking patient vital signs, collecting specimens and obtaining information regarding patient medical history.
- Collected co-pays and prepared new patient charts.
- Supported CRN and RN as needed.
- Assisted medical provider with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments as directed.
- Updated and maintained patient files and medical records using medsoft.
- Followed through with patients regarding HIV testing and awareness.
- Document inventory and medical supplies for medical stock rooms and treatment centers.
- Completed medical room preparation and clean up procedures.
AAA Health Services – NY 2009 – 2010
- Worked as the supervisor of the laboratory; collecting, accessioning, and processing all laboratory for the clinic; performing urine analysis, koh and wet mount, and all other testing performed at the clinic; perform all phlebotomy on patients seen by providers at the clinic;
- Worked as a medical assistant for several doctors; acting as a stand by for the physician; performed minor procedures such as suture removals, I & D wound cleaning and repacking, etc.; worked as the medical receptionist checking patients in for appointments as well as scheduling follow-ups; obtaining and recording vital signs, as well as the subjective report for the providers
- Working as a Deployment Health Screener, screens approximately 18-20 military members on a monthly basis for fitness for deployment
BBB Clinic – NY 2008 – 2009
- Performed wound care
- Assist doctor with minor procedures
- vital signs
- electronic medical records
- autoclaving instruments
- scheduling procedures
- insurance authorization
- answering phones
CCC Health Agency – NY 2006 – 2007
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and record information on patients’ charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients and assist in medical procedures, including Biopsy, Polypectomy and Colonoscopy.
Assistant Certificate, Sanford Brown Institute – NY, 2006
New York State University – NY, 2003 – 2005
Available upon request