999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
Phone: (999) 999-9999
, multi-lingual attorney with an interest in technology and applying intellectual property law. Meticulous and diligent with experience in patent and trademark law. Excellent research, writing and presentation skills. Adapts quickly to new environments and thrives in multi-tasking.
Legal Work Experience
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
Patent Attorney, August 2009-November 2009
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in mechanical, chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnological and materials science arts.
- Provided patent counsel for clients brought from previous professional affiliation. U.S. filing, prosecution agent for foreign originated patent applications.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
Patent Attorney & Patent Counsel, January 2009-November 2009
- Manage all IP matters for a large and diverse collection of products.
- Counsel clients on patent ability, freedom to operate, patent validity, trade secrets, competitive intelligence, and publications.
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications, foreign and domestic.
- Assist in negotiating, drafting, reviewing, and interpreting licensing and other .
- Conduct competitive intelligence searches.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
Contract Attorney, June 2008-August 2008
- Reviewed discovery and production documents in patent litigation.
- Coded documents using Clear well, Relativity and Introspect document review platforms.
- Developed inclusion criteria for client’s response.
- Wrote summary memos for litigation teams.
New York University, New York, NY GPA: 3.75/4.0
Juris Doctor, January 2010 Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
of California, San Francisco, CA Minor: Business Management
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (with Honors), August 2005
New York State Bar, April 2010
Windows, World Suite, World Mark, Patricia Software, MS Office, HYSYS Software, Lab View, Mat Lab.
Member, New York Bar Association, 2010-Present
Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)