555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • Phone: (555) 555-5555 • Email: email@example.com
Michael K. Silvey
PARALEGAL October 2005 – April 2010
- directly with 5 attorneys and partners on cases involving granting permission for foreign nationals to work in U.S.
- Performed functions of junior attorney carrying out multiple aspects of case preparation and management.
- Communicate regularly with consulates and representatives of foreign countries to ensure all paperwork acquired and properly completed, all fees accounted for, and all regulations adhered
PARALEGAL December 2003 – October 2005
- Communicated directly with clients and attorneys to perform intake interviews, provide case updates, and identify potential issues and problems.
- Conducted extensive legal research and analysis, and supported attorneys by attending depositions and overseeing case progress from inception through completion.
- Drafted and submitted various motions and declarations, including motions to reopen, convert, vacate dismissals, as well as preparing and processing amendments to petitions and collaborating with Trustees.
PARALEGAL July 2000 – November 2003
- Paralegal and Office Manager supporting a sole practitioner in a small fast-paced law office
- Provided excellent support in preparing interrogatories, memos, letters, pleadings, exhibits and briefs
- Conducted research in all cases including product liability, wrongful termination, insurance payout limits
- Trial preparation and mediation with Counsel attended
- Real Estate Title Reviewer
- Filed motions and pleadings with the court in person and online
- Managed discovery process
- Drafted documents including settlement statement and demand and correspondence
- Schedule meetings between attorney & client, maintained attorney calendar
- Responded to case audits
- Maintained and follow up on billing and collections, drafting medical bill reduction letters where necessary for settlement cases
- Monitored timelines on all cases
- Manage discovery process
- Manage cases from intake to final court decision and settlement
- Meet with new and existing clients
- Heavy client contact in person and over the phone
- Set up and provide translation for bilingual clients
- Serve as contact for third parties and non-parties
- Schedule trial dates, hearings and depositions
- Coordinate calendar with court clerks as necessary
- Request Courier and Court Reporter as needed
York University; August 2001; A.A.S. Degree – Legal Assistant
MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Legal Solutions, Hot Docs, Abacus, Amicus Attorney, Omega, Summation, Timeslips, Lexis-Nexis, Trial Director 5, Westlaw and Microsoft XP.