999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
Donald B. Esquivel
ABC Company August 2007-Present
- client contact;
- Prior and updated medical records retrieval, review and organization and drafting of medical chronologies and summaries;
- Drafted all pleadings, motions, discovery, discovery responses and some briefs and memorandums of law;
- Contact and scheduling with expert witnesses;
- Investigation of claims and contact and meetings with witnesses;
- Drafted appeal pleadings and Record on Appeal, and assisted attorney with legal research for brief and compiling and filing of same;
- Responsible for “driving” my cases – moving the cases along;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all phases of trial preparation, including, but not limited to, illustrations, exhibits, deposition summaries, assisted attorney in selection of jury, drafting of pre-trial and trials pleadings, orders and motions and trial briefs, and coordination and preparation of witnesses;
- Legal and medical literature research;
- Scheduling of depositions, meetings and mediations;
- Preparation of mediation summaries;
- Drafting of pleadings and motions and gathering of numbers and documents for hearing on reduction or dismissal of third party lines;
- Case evaluation and recommendations to attorney on strength of case (e.g. try case, settle case, any problems areas);
- Extensive knowledge of administrative procedures, rules of civil procedure, rules of evidence and trial practices;
- Facilitated negotiation assistance and expedited case settlements.
GHI Company September 2003- Present
- All-around performance of paralegal tasks to assist attorneys with witness interviews, depositions, preparation of law and motion pleadings, and preparation for arbitrations and trials. Included identifying potential exhibits for discovery and discovery responses, depositions, pleadings, expert review, and arbitration and trial use.
- Preparation of concise, issue-pertinent, deposition and document summaries from voluminous productions and deposition transcripts in numerous Construction Defect matters, Insurance Defense matters, and assorted other matters. Drafted multi-format discovery and discovery responses in these same matters.
XYZ Corporation February 1999- August 2004
- Maintain calendaring of state, federal, and administrative deadlines and hearings for legal department.
- Manage case load for legal department, including scanning documents into appropriate files, organization of electronic documents, document indexing, and document processing.
- Draft first roughs of motions to compel, discovery, deposition notices, subpoenas and correspondence.
- Preparation of Table of Contents and Table of Authorities for briefs and motions.
- Trial Preparation including trial binders, witness lists, jury instructions, and exhibit blow-ups.
- Coordination of depositions, mediations, court hearings, and travel arrangements.
- Attended and assisted senior trial attorney for several trials.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Internet research, including LexisNexis, Westlaw, Saga
Cite Checking, Blue Booking
New York University, New York, NY Graduation Date: May 2007
: Legal Studies
University of California, San Diego, CA Graduation Date: March 2010