123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • Message Phone: (555) 555-5555 • Cell Phone: (123) 456-7890 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie M. Chilton
a position within a Government, State office, or Non-Profit setting, as a Social Worker, Case Management, or Office Management.
08/00-08/06 GHI Company Legal Case Manager
- Drafting discovery to send to defendants, prepared responses to discovery, worked with clients in answering discovery.
- Assist in preparing law and motion briefs, arbitration and mediation statements, assist attorney in researching legal facts and opinions.
- Review medical records for summary and analysis, summarizing cases, and compiling of evidence.
- Maintain status of firm’s case load of over 200 files.
- Arrange court hearings, depositions and all other aspects of a litigated case.
- Maintain litigation files and prepared each one for trial.
- Prepared presentations for mediations and arbitrations including a day in the life of videos and life videos in disabling and wrongful death cases.
- Train new staff regarding office procedures and proper litigation rules and procedures.
05/00-08/00 XYZ Corporation Legal Case Manager
- Provide employment, legal assistance, educational, and medical referrals for .
- Conduct interviews with participants to assess and review their situation.
- Prioritize cases and set objectives in consultation with Supervisor.
- Keep detailed records of every case, referral, and every contact with other agencies in the participant’s behalf.
- Maintain professional relationships with participants, acting as a guide, an advocate, or a critical friend.
- Assist in establishing new activities and services to meet needs of targeted high-risk population.
- Recruit and train volunteers.
06/99–05/00 DEF, Incorporated Legal Case Manager
- Coordinate and facilitate client facility intake and through referral or court mandate
- Client and facility Supervision, perform facility inspections, searches and shakedowns
- file maintenance and reporting, case management services
- Develop therapeutic relationships with clients through individual counseling, problem solving
- Knowledge and adherence to policies and procedures; participate in policy and procedure development
- Collection and documentation of client fees, participate in development plans, help monitor client financial data and obligations
- Responsible for conducting facility audits of meds ensuring compliance of company and DOC rules and regulations
- Maintain direct open contact with external clients such as courts, parole and probation officers, rehab and detox facility personal
2007-2010 New York University New York, NY
- one class to get BS of Sociology and Minor in Native American Studies.
2006-2007 University of California San Diego, CA
- Diploma on May 17, 2007 in Associate of Liberal Arts.