999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
Seeking position as a…
Customer Relations and Administrative and Organizational Skills
Certified Notary Public
, prompt, reliable detailed oriented, fast learning and dedicated assistant with extensive experience in coordination, planning and support of daily operational and administrative functions seeks a challenging position.
AREAS OF STRENGTH
Customer Service and Quality Assurance Comprehensive Knowledge of Legal Terms
Verbal and Written Communication Skills Familiarity with Court Documents
Organizational and Time Management Skills Dictaphone Transcription
Strong Interpersonal Relationships Expeditious Learner and Detail-oriented
WordPerfect, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Time Slips, MR7
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY September 2008 to February 2009
- Provided legal assistance for commercial litigation and employment law attorneys – proofreading, editing and preparing legal documents for filing, order and maintain corporate minute books, open new files, calendaring and docketing, case and file management, time entry.
- Administrative support – open and distribute mail; reconcile and submit client payments; prepare professional liability and medical and dental insurance forms; maintain attorney CLE activity and hours, including seminar registrations; schedule and maintain office services and equipment; order office supplies; answer telephone system; general office duties.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY May 2005 – August 2008
- Prepared pending case files; obtained appropriate documents; prepared case files for pre-trial; requested, verified and assembled criminal, traffic and motor vehicle data and discoverable materials including personnel files, police reports and general orders.
- Prepared show cause orders, subpoenas and officer notices; prepared legal documents, correspondences, ordinances and resolutions from dictation and handwritten documents; ensured accuracy and proper format; formulated and submit legal documents to the court in accordance using LexisNexis and Pacer.
- Docketed status conferences, hearings, settlement conferences and trial preparation conferences.
- Maintained databases to record, maintain and provide immediate access to open and closed cases.
- Identified and interview witnesses, City employees and police officers.
- Performed related duties and responsibilities as required.
Legal Assistant and Secretary and Administrative Assistant
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY January 2004 –January 2005
- Communication with clients, counsel, and judicial staff.
- Collection of confidential documents (i.e. credit reports, bank statements, tax returns, loan documents and creditor information).
- Entering personal information into bankruptcy program.
- Draft settlement demand packages with attachments.
- Draft disclosure statements with marked exhibits.
- Filing petition and schedules with the bankruptcy court whether online or delivering to court for filing,
- and organizing files.
Associate of Applied Science in Legal Assistance
New York Community College 2005
Typing speed: 45
References and supporting documents furnished upon request.