999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Legal Researcher, Compliance and Business Consultant
and experienced legal professional possessing exceptional research skills and talent for synthesizing information to develop objective and informed cases for civil, criminal, and corporate matters. Well-honed written and verbal communication skills with proven talent for conveying complex information to diverse audiences of professionals, clients, and community members Excel in diverse, cross-cultural environments.
- In-depth Legal Research and Analysis.
- Written & Verbal Communication.
- Client Interviews and Correspondence.
- Document, File Management Interpersonal Relationship Building.
- Case Preparation and Management.
- Contract Drafting and Contract Management.
- Team Management and Leadership.
ABC INC., Any Town, NY
Law Clerk, 2007–2009
- Review files to obtain relevant claim and case data, history and documentation.
- Review and respond to correspondence and investigative reports.
- Research and analyze legal authorities and prepare drafts of Appeals and Motions.
- Obtain and analyze documentation from various sources in order to make preliminary assessments of , and offer recommendations regarding future conduct.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate workers’ compensation case management policies and assist attorneys in prioritizing case loads.
- Prepare for and attend hearing before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- Review, negotiate, resolve and, or litigate lien claims.
- Review and summarize new workers’ compensation law procedures for attorneys.
XYZ CORP., Any Town, NY
Law Clerk to the Justices, 2005-2006
- Assist justices in all phases of civil and criminal litigation.
- Prepare draft decisions, legal memoranda and proposed jury instructions.
- Work extensively with Justices on trials, hearings and motion sessions.
- Provide analysis of legal issues.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY
Law Clerk, 2002-2005
- Drafted contracts for independent contractors.
- Assisted in creating a copyright compliance manual.
- Researched and drafted memoranda.
- Research and Writing.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Juris Doctor (2002) | TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY, – COLLEGE STATION
BA, English (2005) | UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, – TWIN CITIES
Microsoft Office Suite, Quick Books, People Soft, Lexis-Nexis, West law, Blogging, Social Media.
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION