123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • (123) 456-7890 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Irma L. Shepard
in-house counsel with companies of all sizes in the financial services and technology industries. Partners with business colleagues to streamline processes, minimize legal exposure and reduce overall legal costs.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- In-house experience in all areas of law
- Crafted creative solutions to legal issues raised in the launch of cutting-edge products
- Repeatedly reduced legal expenses by bringing legal work in-house and effectively managing outside counsel
- Accomplished manager of legal departments with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Team player with business colleagues to deliver hands-on, spectacular client service
- Seasoned law firm litigator
- Admitted to practice in New York, California and Washington, D.C.
ABC Company 2008 – 2009
- Responsible for providing advice and counsel to senior management members on such matters as technology transactions, employment, trade secret protection, export regulation, trademark, copyright and patent law.
- Responsible for negotiating and closing the corporation’s largest revenue generating agreement to date, a global distribution agreement. Also responsible for developing corporation’s distribution agreements including all licensing documents, partner agreements, maintenance agreements, and services agreements.
XYZ Corporation 2003 – 2007
- Handled all legal issues for company including licensing, intellectual property, regulatory , employment matters, and litigation.
- Analyzed laws for the states in which VHA auctioned properties are located, including licensing, fee limitations, closing requirements, and advertising regulations.
- Negotiated all material corporate contracts.
- Manage numerous functions of real estate auctions, including bidding qualifications, rules and procedures, and closings, working with settlement agents (title, closing attorneys, and escrow companies) to finalize property sales.
- Manage post auction negotiations between property owners and bidders where high bid doesn’t meet reserve requirement.
- Manage relationships with third party lenders, listing real estate brokers, title insurers and escrow companies.
DEF, Incorporated 2000 – 2002
- Drafted corporate documents related to entity formation and governance.
- Drafted and negotiated a broad array of real estate contracts, including commercial and residential leases, brokerage agreements, property management contracts, and vendor contracts.
- Performed real estate closings for commercial and residential projects.
- Reduced legal fees by 75% by auditing legal bills, negotiating reduced billing rates, settling appropriate matters in-house, and actively supervising outside counsel.
York University, New York, NY
University of California, San Diego, CA
B.A in Political Science, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa