999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
Brenda A. Greenhaw
-focused Attorney with extensive experience in the medical field. Comprehensive background in contract drafting and negotiations, litigation and corporate governance. Highly versatile; quickly masters new roles, responsibilities, technologies and environments. Effective communicator and liaison, known for building strategic partnerships and alliances with attorneys, executives, staff and clients.
Areas of expertise include:
- Business Law
- Case Management
- Strategic Litigation Planning
- Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- In-Depth Legal Research, Writing & Analysis
- In-Depth Medical Research, Writing & Analysis
General Counsel (2010-Present)
- Overseeing all litigation matters, managing $1M+ annual litigation budget, establishing strategy for concurrent multi-million dollar cases, and responding to 20-30 subpoenas and deposition notices per year.
- Addressing regulatory concerns, including FCPA and OFAC and insurance rules, licensing, and surplus lines tax issues, completing 50-state research projects to improve compliance, and creating training programs for brokers and staff to mitigate future errors and losses.
- Drafting and evaluating employment, non-compete, and separation agreements, as well as other core business contracts, including ones relating to credit and finance, major vendors, stockholders and domestic producers, markets, and managing general agencies.
- Serving as Executive Sponsor for IT and Communications, aligning department priorities with strategic business objectives.
General Counsel (2005-2010)
- Draft Rate Lock, appraisal, subordination and various third party agreements; negotiate draft and employment and independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, settlement agreements, severance and release agreements
- Assist CEO in management of company and creation of business plan
- Review and respond to subpoenas and complaints from various state agencies and labor complaints
- Secure state mortgage broker licenses; review and advise management of state laws and guidelines
- Responsible for all corporate compliance matters
- Select and manage outside counsel; supervise non-professional staff and contract personnel
General Counsel (1995-2000)
- Chief Legal Officer for large 400+ employee company and affiliates.
- Counsel executives in day-to-day operations, decision-making, and daily legal issues.
- Manage all the legal affairs of the company on a broad range of matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts including; service contracts, transactional agreements, employment agreements, government contracts, subcontracts, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure, commercial leases, RFP’s, etc.
- Make court appearances in District, Civil, and Supreme Courts and manage caseload.
- Advise on all labor and employment law matters and attend unemployment hearings.
- Pro-actively mitigate exposure to risk and liability.
- Outside counsel management and development of litigation strategy.
- Guide executive staff and employees through the legal dimensions of routine and complex business decision-making, and promptly solve everyday business problems with practical nuts and bolts legal advice and research.
- Closely work with management as an integrated business partner assuring my assistance is practical, helpful and in keeping with the corporate mission.
- Direct, create and implement corporate compliance and regulatory policies in accordance to government regulations. Architect of HIPAA and FDCPA policies.
- a specialty maximizing organizational revenue and receivables.
Juris Doctor – New York University School of Law, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Nursing – University of California, San Diego, CA