999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home 999-999-9999 • Fax 999-999-9999 • email@example.com
Summary of Experience
I am a, results-oriented professional with more than 6 years’ experience in diverse security and administration environments. Effective leader with wealth of knowledge and proven ability to lead and effectively recruit, train, and manage motivated, culturally diverse, and success-driven teams of highly qualified personnel. I am an Innovative thinker with a background in new program development and implementation in areas of training and recruitment. Possess excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, professional development, and personnel administration skills. Recognized and decorated leader with ability to create and foster efficient and productive workplace environment with exceptional levels of interpersonal and team communications.
Correctional Officer 2006 to Present
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
- Observed conduct and behavior of inmates in order to prevent disturbances and escapes.
- Inspected locks, window bars, grills, doors and gates for tampering.
- Searched inmates and cells for contraband articles.
- Guarded and directed inmates during work assignments keeping accurate accountability.
- Patrolled assigned areas for evidence of forbidden activities, infraction of rules and unsatisfactory attitude and adjustment of prisoners.
- Employed weapons and force to maintain discipline and order among prisoners, if necessary.
- Escorted inmates to and from visiting rooms, medical offices and religious services.
- Prepared written reports concerning incidences of inmate disturbances and injuries.
- Guarded prisoners in transit between jails, courtrooms, prisons and other points.
Correctional Officer 2007 to 2006
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Provided security to detainees in the drug rehabilitation program, psych treatment unit, and general population, through observation of detainee behavior.
- Conducted required inmate counts and relayed results to the appropriate office.
- Supervised and monitored the distribution of meals.
- Escorted inmates to various areas on the compound.
- Documented required information in log books.
- Responded to emergency situations and assisted team members as needed.
- Quickly and accurately assessed situations and responded appropriately.
Correctional Officer 1998 to 2006
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Daily supervision of inmates.
- Inmate accountability (Formal, informal, emergency)
- Enforce rules, regulations, discipline, and procedures.
- Conducting daily searches of inmates, inmate living quarters, and also in-coming .
- Report writing and keeping a log of all shift events.
- Used the computer to screen visitors, conduct warrant searches, find out court dates, and also to find inmate locations.
- Escorted inmates to and from required destinations.
- Assisting other branches of law enforcement (BCSO, APD, Immigration)
- Fingerprinting new inmates upon arrival.
B.S., Public Safety Management 2009
New York College New York, NY
I successfully completed all coursework and training requirements in Public Safety Management. I’ve had courses in resource Allocation which included budgeting, personnel assignments, patrol strategies, scheduling methods and patrol deployment. I’ve also had courses in professional development which trained me in employee counseling and news media relations.
A.A., Computer Science 2002
New York College of Technology New York, NY
I successfully completed all coursework and training requirements in Computer Networking. New York College of Technology
H.S. Diploma, General 1995
New York, Academic Centre New York, NY
I Received High School Diploma in June of 1995.
Licenses and Certifications
Firearm Instructor, State Of New York, Illinois, 2007. I am certified to train students on firearm safety, the use of firearms and the laws that govern the use of deadly force for a private citizen. Certified to teach 20hr unarmed and 20hr armed security firearm course.
- Event Planning & Management
- Goal Setting and Accomplishment
- Computer Literacy
- Problem Solving
- Leadership and Supervision
- Recruiting and Hiring Staff
- Scheduling Staff
- Deadline Dependent Task Completion
- Supervision and Training
- CPR and First Aid
- of Illinois Firearms Certification
- Investigation & Search Procedures
- Security & Emergency Response
2003 to 2003: Basic Law Enforcement Training