999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 Home • (999) 999-999 Work • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research and Analysis
- Organize and Present Information
- Policy and Procedure Administration • CERT Team member
- Teambuilding and Training and Supervision
- Inventory Management
- Attentive to Detail
ABC Inc. – Any Town, NY
Correctional Officer, 2009 to present
- Reinforce positive behavior for offenders in an educational setting
- Deescalate verbal and physical altercations through verbal and physical presence
- Enforce rules, regulations, and policies of the department
XYZ Corp. – Any Town, NY
Correctional Officer, 2007 to 2009
- Overseen and monitored the activities of detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinated and monitored detainee’s movement, conducted counts, and provided emergency response as needed.
- Assigned to various post including, but not limited to, the control room, health services, intake, and visitation officer.
- Provided security in program activities and supervised detainees around facility.
- Conducted shakedowns for contraband materials, either individually or as a team.
- Confiscated contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Maintained daily logs.
- Ensured prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promoted facility cleanliness and reported needs for maintenance or repairs.
- Completed training courses as required by facility training standards.
- Performed correctional duties for any shift as defined by .
- Performed other duties as assigned.
BCD Inc. – Any Town, NY
Correctional Officer, 2006 to 2007
- Provide public safety.
- Responsible for overseeing individuals who have been arrested.
- Maintain security and inmate accountability to prevent disturbances, assaults, and escapes.
- Maintain order within the institution and enforce rules and regulations.
- Ensure that inmates are orderly and obey rules.
- Monitor the activities and supervise the work assignments of inmates.
- Search inmates and their living quarters for contraband.
- Settle disputes between inmates, and enforce discipline.
- Inspect the facilities, checking cells and other areas of the institution for unsanitary conditions.
- Inspect mail and visitors for prohibited items.
- Report orally and in writing on inmate conduct and on the quality and quantity of work done by inmate.
- Keep a daily log or record of inmate activities.
- Enforce regulations primarily through their interpersonal
- Communication skills and through the use of progressive sanctions, such as the removal of some privileges.
NY Military University–Any Town, NY
Masters Emergency Disaster Management, 2009 to Current
GPA: 3.49 and 4.00
ITT Technical Institute – New York, NY
Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice, 2004 to 2008
GPA: 3.64 and 4.00
New York High School– New York, NY
High School Diploma
TECHNOLOGY AND ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
FEMA Courses: IS100, IS200, IS700, and IS800
Computers: MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point); Internet Navigation
First Aid: CPR and standard first aid
: Correctional and Advanced Correctional Certifications; UT
Typing: 60-65 word per minute
- Honor Roll (ITT Technical Institute), Each Semester, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008
- Deans’ List (ITT Technical Institute), Fall and Spring Semesters 2007, and 2008