Home: (999) 999-9999 • 999 Main Street Cell: (999) 999-9999 • Any Town, NY 99999 email@example.com
ABC Inc – Any Town, NY September 2008-September 2009
- and controls data from confidential employee records into human resources information system.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions.
- Collects all pay data including adjustments and enters into payroll computer system (ADP and EV5) for assigned region.
- Calculates and prepares manual checks for adjustments for active and terminating employees.
- Audits pay data, new hire booklets and other input documents for any inaccurate items or codes and missing information.
- Audits and verifies pay data input for assigned regions by reviewing pay audit report and payroll register to find any inaccurate.
- Balances garnishment totals with payroll records.
- Researches information to resolve problems.
- Examines employee files and payment records to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons (including employees).
- Completes filing of bi-weekly processes and new hire folders.
- Maintains garnishment balances and correspondence.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Coordinates resolution of any pay related issues with HR administrators.
- Ensures that the manual checks are properly delivered to the employee.
- Provides copies of duplicate W-2’s and pay stubs for employees.
- Photocopies, sorts and files related pay data to maintain accurate and organized payroll.
XYZ Corp – Any Town, NY May 2006-January 2007
New Accounts Specialist
- Input new clients “companies” data in payroll system. (DOS).
- Make sure taxes for Employer are up to date.
- Obtain information to send to Prime Tax, “Tax Department”
- Load employee’s information accordingly.
- Input any deductions (i.e. Medical, Garnishments, loans etc.), 401k, PTO and Time Accruals, Payout to State, bank account information, SSN’s, FED & State identification numbers and rates, Workers Compensation rates and Tips for restaurants and hotels etc.
- Create processing schedules accordingly to process new companies payrolls.
- Processes new accounts for at least 2 payroll runs.
- Communicate with sales department of any missing documents or required information.
- Inputs year to date figures for new accounts, to give accurate totals for gross income and taxes.
- Communicate with Portland office with spreadsheet of my work load.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Assist in production.
- Also assisted in miscellaneous duties around the office.
BCD Inc – Any Town, NY September 2004-September 2005
- Received employee time sheets, audited the data, and followed up with workers regarding any problems.
- Monitored overtime hours, vacation days, holidays, sick time, and employee maintenance of full-time or part-time status.
- Converted data from scheduling system into ADP compliant spreadsheets with the use of many formulas and data manipulation.
- Audited payroll register for discrepancies and errors and submitted final information to ADP before deadlines were reached.
- Acted as primary liaison between employees regarding payroll issues and corrected concerns in a swift manner.
B.A. Business Administration, New York College – New York, NY May 19, 2004
: Finance and Human Resources
Proficient computer skills and exposure using:
- Web applications, Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- People Soft – payroll software.