999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
(999) 999-9999 Home
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong payroll skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
Summary of Qualifications
- phone and writing skills on all levels of management.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Advanced computer literacy: Word, Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, Outlook and experience in use of Ceridian, SAP, JD Edwards’s payroll software, some People Soft.
- Quick study and a fast learner of new business concepts and payroll software.
- Great individual contributor geared in always finding the best solutions possible.
April 2006 to Present – ABC Inc. Payroll Clerk
- Payroll Journal Entries into the General Ledger.
- Processing manual payroll checks, Deductions, Court ordered Liens & Levy’s.
- Monthly as well as quarterly governmental reporting of payroll tax deposit.
- Verification of information such as: initial screening, testing activities, and new hire paperwork.
- Contacted new and current employees regarding job satisfaction, duties, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain P-R report files.
- Verification of information such as: With holdings changes, 401k eligibility & reporting.
Sept 2005 – February 2006 – XYZ Corp. Payroll Clerk
- Handle a weekly payroll for 500+ employees for both hourly and piece rate.
- Entered time sheets and time cards into the AS400 and reviewed various reports to verify the .
- Printed out reports from the Query and distributed to various departments.
- Prepared the calculations for the misc. payments (vacation, sick leave, etc.)
- Posted data to Excel for graphs for the productivity in the depts.
- Developed forms both in Excel and Word for the different depts.
- Assisted other depts. (HR, parts, maintenance, etc.) with various tasks.
March 2005 – June 2005 – BCD Inc. Payroll Clerk
- Managed all payroll functions including preparing, reviewing, and processing weekly payroll for 500+ group employees.
- Completed appropriate changes to employee’s direct deposits and tax changes by weekly deadline to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
- Assisted with clerical duties as required by the HR manager.
- Oversaw daily data entries for Production Labor tracking. Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly Labor Reports and distributed reports.
- Maintained with 100% accuracy and confidentiality the filing of payroll and employee records.
- Maintained company employee database in Excel for tracking paid time off, disciplinary actions, and personal information.
- organized, focused, and able to prioritize.
Oct 2007 – Passed Certified Payroll Professional Examination
2003 New York University, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, emphasis on Information Systems