999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • Cell: (999) 999-9999 • E-mail: email@example.com
Denise J. Blythe
Aposition in Human Resources with an opportunity to apply my unmatched people skills, drive, and technical aptitude to make a difference within a fast-paced environment.
HR Management (May 2005 – March 2009)
- Employee Relations specialist.
- Talent Acquisition, including Recruitment and Retention (Taleo TMP, Brassring).
- Strategy – Cost Reduction, Performance Management, Employee Engagement.
- Plan and execution of projects on time and within budget.
- Internal Audit. Compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Design and deployment of core curriculum requirements, including supervisor training for business unit.
- Participation: Cross-functional teams.
- Administration of location policies and procedures.
- Participation in process improvement programs, practices, events.
- Payroll and Benefits Administration (PeopleSoft, Oracle, Hewitt systems).
- Workforce planning and headcount reporting.
- Implementation of Time and Attendance, Learning Tracking Systems, and HR Global Analytics systems (Oracle, Taleo TMP).
- FMLA, Leave of Absence, Affirmative Action, EEOC management.
HR Management (January 2004 – February 2005)
- Generated a $2.7MM savings by completing large project several weeks ahead of schedule. Recognized by company CEO and given highly prestigious “President’s Excellence” award.
- Achieved a #1 rating (of eight locations) and a 40% reduction in new employee safety violations by developing extended safety-based New Hire Orientation to better prepare employees for their working environment.
- Shortened hiring cycle to meet demands of accelerated growth with positions open an of 30 days; selected and implemented an assessment tool to evaluate new candidates, achieving a 2:1 interview-to-hire rate.
- Ramped up flailing campus recruiting program and attained a 93% offer acceptance rate for co-ops, internships, and FT positions by creating and implementing strategies to acquire top talent at targeted colleges and universities.
- Developed “New Manager” training program for all front-line supervisors with less than 18 months tenure to include in-depth training in plant safety, union contract interpretation, harassment and workplace violence, disability awareness, FMLA, and legal hiring and termination practices.
HR Management (January 2002 – January 2004)
- Managed Resource Allocation process and Training for onsite and offshore resource teams.
- Conducted all recruiting related activities such as sourcing specialized talent.
- Assisted in job procurement process to win state government projects.
- Partnered with senior management and various clients to determine and deliver staffing needs.
- Created resource pipeline for recurring and forecasted positions.
- Streamlined recruitment process and vendor management process.
- Negotiated contract renewals and extensions for contract positions.
- Marketed and placed 2-4 candidates per month for contract, contract to hire and permanent positions.
- Strategically negotiated candidate compensation packages which resulted in profit increase and kept candidates loyal.
- Candidates I placed proved to be right fits as they were promoted and remained with the company.
- Maintained employee relations and resolved any issues that arose.
- Processed placement paperwork, conducted background and drug test specific to client needs.
- Researched technology and offered career counseling in line with Management Objectives.
- Supervised and trained technical recruiters.
- data integrity in HRIS and database.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Master of Science in Personnel Management and Employment Relations granted from New York University, New York, NY. Curriculum included the areas of strategic business decisions, compensation, benefits, employment law, negotiating, labor relations, employee counseling, succession planning, job analysis, international human resources, recruiting and selection.
- Bachelor of Business Administration granted from the University of California, San Diego, CA. Academic Dean’s List and National Dean’s List.