999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Cell: 999-999-9999 • email@example.com •
To obtain a position in which I can demonstrate quality customer care and customer service.
June 2009 – July 2010 HR Assistant Any Town, NY
- closely with the HR Manager to develop, recommend, and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Established and maintained Personnel, Medical, I-9, and DMV records according to State, Federal and HIPAA guidelines.
- Administered Benefits program (medical, dental, vision, and life) including new hire, terminations, court orders, qualifying events and open enrollment.
- Reported on all Workers Comp related incidents and records management, assisting in safety program activities such as training and policy adherence.
- Managed the hiring process – placed ads, scheduled interviews, prepared new hire orientation paperwork and was the company contact for employment inquiries; including pre-screening and retention for future reference.
- Partnered with management and employees by responding to employee relations issues, investigating employee complaints and attaining fair and consistent resolutions.
- Assisted employees with 401(k) programs, company procedures, benefits, and general questions.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws to inform management of changes affecting employee status, policies, procedures or practices.
October 2008 – May 2009 HR Assistant Any Town, NY
- Answered employees regarding Federal employee HR issues such as WC, benefits, payroll, vacation and insurance, etc.
- Take ALL calls regarding application and hiring for posted .
- Answer email regarding the same above stated topics.
- All calls and email are logged into a Share point database.
- Occupy & Service the front receptionist desk. This involves verifying credentials of visitors and allowing or not allowing access to the office.
June 2008 – October 2008 HR. Assistant Any Town, NY
- New Hire Orientation.
- Enter new hires using software.
- Handle all the company phones, that includes hand them out, activate them, wipe, asset tag them.
- Respond to EDD claims.
- Work closely with HR. Manager to ensure timely.
- Assist employees with routine personnel related questions as the first point of contact for employee related issues.
New York High School
May 2005 High School
Studies Any Town, NY
Bachelor of Science
Business Administration Bloomington