999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Cell: (999) 999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John has three years of experience in human resources and account administration including but not limited to submitting qualified candidates, coordinating interviews, interacting with recruiters, managers and vendors on a daily basis, and bringing new hires on-board. Ms. John is seeking opportunities as a HR Generalist that will use her organizational, interpersonal and research skills to support an organization in development.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Work well without supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and remain focused on the essence of an issue
- Excellent with customer support services
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly while working well under pressure
- Research analysis and design
- Proficiency in SPSS software
12/07-Present ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
- Participates in recruitment effort for exempt and non-exempt personnel; screening applications, as well as coordinating and conducting interviews for exempt and non-exempt personnel.
- Manages and conducts pre-employment screening; reference checks, background screens and physical fitness tests.
- Sends correspondence to applicants on as needed basis
- Coordinates the use of temporary labor as needed, including maintaining relationships with agency representatives and communicating temporary needs as well as acquiring the contract and obtaining local and HO approvals.
- Conducts new associate orientation, tours of facility, and ensures accurate completion of New Hire paperwork
- Coordinates the non-exempt performance review process.
- Provides information related to company history, vision and values, Code of Conduct, benefits, attendance policy, meal and rest periods, and other content contained in the On-boarding Program.
- Assists in the safety effort for facility.
- Maintains the completeness, accuracy, and audits of associate files, including working files, medical files, and performance files as defined by the Department of Labor and in compliance with the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism. .
- Manages Associate Recognition Program
- Assesses associate morale and identifies appropriate timing for activities and events, as well as provides input on topics for building-wide meetings.
- Interfaces with entire DC workforce, from DC Director to Material Handler as well as HO business partners in Associate Services, Benefits, and Compensation.
7/07-12/07 XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Responsible for weekly report of consultants on billing
- Serve as a key contact for all on-boarding documentation
- Serve as key contact person for Health Benefits administrator for 170+ employees
- Responsible for maintaining the Public Access Files for multiple employees
- Researched and created company’s 3 separate employee handbooks
- Developed a complex Access DB to track Health Benefits enrollment and termination on on-going basis, also saved significant time in generating census reports.
- Researched and created administrative policies and procedures
- Researched and created two Performance Appraisal Forms that encourages and supports employee growth and development;
- Worked on designing and creating training manuals and presentations
- Held multiple training sessions for 6 months and on-going basis for “Office 2007 – what is new and different” for a client
- Assisted the President and CEO of the company for 6 months with calendar management and company event coordination.
- Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed;
5/05-8/07 BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Manage the payroll for 200-250 employees using the ADP system, across four states including performance evaluations, salary increases, and compensation.
- Responsible for talent management within the company, including selection and retention strategies, and conducting orientation programs. Resulting in recruiting valuable employees without the use of outside sources, saving the organization thousands of dollars.
- Counsel employees and management concerning policies, procedures, and best practices. Resulting in identifying risks and creating effective solutions for both the employees and the organization.
- Conduct various reports including turnover rates, staffing and diversity, and absenteeism reports.
- Introduced and administered programs in the areas of compensation and benefits including the monitoring of all third party sick pay like FMLA and short term disability.
- Resolving all employee relations and labor issues that arise, by creating an open environment.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, and OSHA compliance.
- Liaison between company and employees, setting leadership strategies and goals to meet organizational needs.
- Provide recommendations to the organization based analysis conducted to improve morale, and increase job satisfaction leading to retention strategies.
- Designed and implemented a new feedback process that consisted of an employee satisfaction survey and an exit turnover that led to a decrease in turnover.
- Properly maintaining employee records and handling all new hire procedures, including a vast knowledge in new hire and termination procedures.
Will begin August 2010
University of New York
Ed.D of Curriculum and Instruction: Instructional Technology
Fall 2008 – Present (expected graduation August 2010)
University of New York
Masters of Education: Education Psychology and Instructional Technology
Fall 2003- June 2007, Graduated BA
New York College
Major: International Studies with emphasis in Latin America;
Minor: Spanish; Sociology
Final GPA: 3.3