1111 Any Street NY • # 111, New York • NY 11111-1111 • (999) 999-9999 home,(123) 456-7890 mobile • email@example.com
University of New York, B.S. in Accounting
New York University, 4th yr. for CPA exam
XYZ LLC New York, NY – Vice President of Finance – July 2009 to Present
- for the development of the company’s financial planning process and operational accounting activities including; FP&A, Treasury Functions, Revenue accounting, Sales administration, Financial Reporting and General Accounting including; General Ledger accounting, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Payroll.
- Identified key operational metrics to measure the immediate progress of the Company’s financial strength and define the basis from which to build the Company’s business model for the future.
- Directed multiple due diligence process leading to the acquisition of three companies in 2008.
- Converted accounting systems from QuickBooks to Oracle. Including the implementation of the Project Accounting module to streamline and implement automated controls for Field Consultant time reporting, invoicing and payroll processing.
- Established and managed the production of a comprehensive monthly reporting package for the Executive Management Team and the Board of Directors.
- Develop strategic business plans and performed financial analysis of new business opportunities, evaluating and implementing multiple funding options to finance growth.
- Direct the monthly Accounting close process and provide timely analysis of financial and operational results for the Executive Management .
- Manage the external audit and tax reporting functions.
- Implemented daily cash reporting and forecasting tools.
- Brought all accounting activities current from a significant state of delinquency.
- Negotiated banking relations and brought Company into compliance with all credit line covenants.
- Recommend and implement cost reduction plans as needed through a combination of analysis and collaborative Management input.
- Established new internal accounting processes to maximize billing quality and control.
- Implemented new banking processes to increase cash flow and minimize risk of financial loss.
- Ongoing analysis of costs, and reevaluation of company spending policies and practices.
AAA INC New York, NY – Vice President of Finance – Sept. 2008 to July 2009
- Successfully guided company through the due diligence and legal process of securing a $6.0 million asset based loan.
- Led the company through a multitude of field audits, inventory appraisals, and company valuations.
- Established internal reporting process to forecast collateral, cash flow, and loan covenants compliance.
- Directed and managed all accounting, finance, budgeting, audit, tax, risk management, real estate, bank, legal, and systems functions as the chain grew from 16 stores, $17 million in revenue to 45 stores, $48 million in revenue.
- Developed and integrated initial accounting processes and financial reporting systems from independent information sources to a basic accounting system. Subsequently converted and successfully implemented to Dynamics GP with FRX reporting developing EDI interfaces from other applications to facilitate a more ERP based environment.
- Developed and assembled financial reporting board deck inclusive of budget and forecast comparisons and performance metrics for private equity partners.
- Assisted in the partial merger and acquisition of a bankrupt 14 store specialty retailer into the chain.
- Reviewed and assisted in the renegotiation of commercial leases, resulting in a 25 percent reduction in occupancy expense.
- Established internal control procedures to be Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant.
YYY CORPORATION New York, NY – Vice President of Finance – Jan. 2004 to Sept. 2008
- Responsible for the Women’s Contemporary
- Oversaw the monthly close and financial statement preparation.
- Presented senior management with commentary on the business (Sales, margin and expense performance analysis).
- Recommended action plans on improvements.
- Directed in the development of strategic plans and related business strategy to grow company 100% in 2yr time span.
- Assisted with M&A of buying and selling of new companies to improve growth positioning.
- Worked closely with the Retail Outlets and Ecommerce sites on the monthly close and forecast.
- the commissions for Department and Specialty Stores accounts.
- Created the Annual Budget and the Strategic Business Plan.
- Managed cash flow, inventory management, return on investment and credit risks.
- Established company Travel Expense guidelines and other internal controls that were missing.
- Helped facilitate the cleanup of old inventory by moving over 160,000 units out the door by end of fiscal year 2009.
- Managed a team of 85+ employees with 3 direct supervision.
Rotary Club, New York; Junior