123 Main Street, Any town US 12345
email@example.com, http://www.XXXXXXXXXXX.com, 555.555.5555
FINANCIAL & TREASURY ANALYST
judgment, detail oriented, demonstrated talent in financial and treasury analysis, providing data for critical decision making in fast paced billion-dollar companies.100% Fluent Spanish, English. Read, speak and write French.
Highly result-oriented analytical professional with solid financial and statistical reporting back ground. Five years of combined working experience in the investment, IT and waste management industry. Outstanding ability to perform complex financial analyses, report on cash positioning, and propose recommendations. Well versed in handling large amounts of data from diverse financial applications and databases, analysis of data, trends, preparing a full range of reports for management, and forecasting cash flow, expenses, and sales projections (pivot table, charts, graphs).
Focused and on the mark in managing and executing daily cash management activities, maximizing short-term investments to generate highest ROI and minimize borrowing. Experience in reporting liquidity to establish funding needs, short-medium term financing: Libor, Swing, Prime, and investment opportunities.
- Cash Flow & Working Capital Management
- Bank Operating Relationships
- Short & Mid-term Borrowing & Investment Dealing
- Forecasting & Projections
- Account Analysis & Reconciliations
- Bank Account Cost & Pricing Analysis
- Domestic & Foreign Exchange Contract Wires
- ACH, Fedwires & CHIPS Transactions
- Report Development & Summaries
- Risk Assessment & Management
- Financial & Operating Data Analysis
- Data Gathering, Research, Analyses & Trends
- Financial Modeling & Analysis
- Variance & Profit Margin Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance & Audits, SOX
- Budget, Costs, Revenues & P&L Analysis
ABC CORPORATION, Phoenix, AZ, 2007-2009
- Applied Excel models to track calls, dividends, equity buybacks, interest payments, and principal payments and calculate accretion, amortization, accrued interest, debt issuance expense, interest expense, interest income, mark-to-market (MTM), debt and, equity.
- Utilized abovementioned models, People Soft and Wall Street Systems (WSS) to perform daily and monthly close accounting for Treasury’s cash (AR and AP accounts), money market funds, investments (trading, available for sale, and held to maturity), bonds, convertible notes, foreign exchange (FX), Inter-Company notes, interest rate swaps, revolvers, and term loans.
- Directed the implementation of WSS which included the movement of all cash, investments, debt, and equity data (deal level, static, and Bloom berg rates) into WSS. Resulted in increased efficiency in accounting, cash forecasting, hedging effectiveness analysis, liquidity management, and financial reporting.
- Used Essbase, HFM, and Excel models to compose Global Treasury’s quarterly reporting schedules used for 10Q, 10K footnotes and narratives. Included reporting cash flows, debt (interest rates, floating vs. fixed, duration, maturity), investments, interest rate risk, P&L (Operating and OCI), and restricted cash to Financial Reporting Group.
- Assisted Treasurer and Senior Treasury Analyst in the preparation of Treasury’s Quarterly Board Report for CFO.
- Prepared monthly reconciliations of all Treasury balance sheet and P&L accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting. Worked with General Ledger Group to ensure all Inter-Company note receivable and accounts reconcile across business units.
DEF INCORPORATED, Phoenix, AZ, 2004-2007
- Responsible for Equity related disclosures and footnotes of the company’s Options and Restricted Stock roll forwards in 10-k and 10-q and present Equity and Stock related information in Balance Sheet Reviews.
- Responsible for final reporting of FAS 123R Stock Based Compensation Expense ~ $200 M annually and related SOX Controls.
- Worked closely with FP&A on quarterly and yearly forecasting of FAS123R expense.
- Valuation of Options based on Black Scholes Option model and the underlying assumptions.
- Successfully transitioned Sun’s stock based compensation expense to a new system of expensing through an outside vendor.
- Established partnering relationships with the Equity Compensation Compliance Service provider for External Reporting, Tax and Stock plan team for Equity related disclosures.
- Responsible for monthly Treasury Stock Reporting package including Equity Roll forward (~ $2.5B).
- Reconciled the Treasury Stock GL balance to the internal logs and set up a process in place for monthly reconciliation with the GL balance.
- Cross- trained in Capital Markets team on the forecasting process of treasury for Cash, Investments & Debt and Other Income & Expenses.
GHI COMPANY ,Phoenix, AZ, 2002-2004
- Educati Collaborate with Asset Liabilities Trading Desk to ensure that foreign currency trading and dollar counter-parties are utilized efficiently.
- Closely monitor Fed Funds and LIBOR rates for BBH’s cash management program.
- Execute foreign exchanges and wire transfers as needed.
- Analyze and quantify net interest income and balance sheet control to maximize bank liquidity using BRIO.
- Responsible for crediting interest income of approx. $120 million per year across 30,000 client accounts.
- Responsible for supporting and servicing the cash management needs of client accounts.
- Maintain all cash management client documents.
- Quantify and distribute monthly interest reporting to clients.
- Accountable for reconciling internal interest payable and receivable accounts.
- Manage client profiles on a daily basis within Microsoft Access.
- Consult with relationship to managers in world-wide offices to tailor cash management products in order to meet the needs of our clients.
- Perform revenue analysis on potential clients.
- Liaise with the Accounting and Billing Departments to ensure income is properly allocated to DIER and Business Lines.
- Work with Compliance Dept.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Cross train employees throughout the bank to assist them in comprehending technical calculations of interest income and to properly field and respond to client inquiries.
- Respond to client queries utilizing inquiry database.
- Work cross-functionally with the Compensation Department in order to resolve outstanding interest claims with third parties.
Degrees: B.S. in Finance, B. A. in French, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, Fall 2003
Current CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) candidate, July 2010
Affiliations: Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
Beginner BRIO and Hyperion Essbase; Advanced proficiency in Lotus Notes and MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook); SQL server, Access, Crystal, ERP applications.