999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home Phone: 999-999-9999 • E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Objective :
I amstrategic opportunities within an organization focusing on internal audit positions. Specifically, I can bring you experience and success in improving business processes, excellent financial analysis.
- Proven strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management, and the most senior of Subject Matter Experts.
- Proven ability to communicate with and work with staff at every level of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and organize workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong technical, management and leadership skills.
- Very experienced and knowledgeable about all US Tax laws and regulations, Tax filing rules for Individuals and Corporations.
May 2008 – Present
ABC Inc.: Financial Manager:
- Proficient Financial and Budget reporting.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and efficiency.
- Proficient in reconciliations and data entry.
September 2007- May 2008.
XYZ Corp.: Financial Manager:
- Responsible for making daily credit decisions regarding opening new and existing accounts.
- Documenting and addressing account claims to resolve promptly.
- Keeping the accounts receivable for two branches within a budgeted DSO.
- Attending monthly branch meetings with branch managers to report monthly collections, DSO figures, and account concerns.
- Submitting monthly Treasurer Reports to corporate.
- Meeting with customers to obtain and analyze financials to determine reasonable lines of credit.
- Filing upon liens and bonds to secure concerned receivables.
- Attending monthly credit meeting with competitors to discuss accounts.
- Coordinating 3rd party collection agencies to pursue unresponsive accounts.
2004 – 2007
BCD Inc.: Financial Manager:
- Successfully managed all finances, accounting, budgeting and business analysis for the entire agency.
- Processed all personal and commercial policy endorsements and insured accuracy.
- Generated monthly commission statements for agents.
- Drafted finance agreements for policy holders.
- Tracked five million dollars of yearly premium while developing company guidelines to insure .
- Compiled and interpreted financial data.
- Reviewed operational costs and conduct Cost and Benefit Analysis related to new business acquisitions.
- Forecasted contingencies across 30 insurance companies.
- Brainstorm competitive business models to stay ahead of the industry.
- Created fluidity throughout processes conducted by employees to better forecast trends and eliminates an error or omission.
- Competent in spreadsheet applications, word processing, graphics design software, statistics software applications, database applications, accounting software (mainframe and PC), simulations and tax programs.
- Other software used includes Power Builder, FrontPage, Playground, FTP, PowerPoint, Norton Utilities, Fireworks, Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors IIA.
- Member of AICPA, American Institute for certified public Accountants, as a CPA candidate.
- New York University for Science &Technology NY 1989.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration.
- Major In accounting.
- Preparing for CPA examination to be taken in 2010, Passed the Regulation section of the CPA, to be finished by Dec. 2010.
- Fixed Assets.
- Pre-audit Training.
- Assets Par Coding Training.
- Member of the State Business Users “BUG”
- Certified Pre-Auditor
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Member of resident’s council, Lincoln housing Authority.
- AmeriCorps Child and Family Support Team, member.
- and software
- Defensive Driving Course
- Available upon request