999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: 999.999.9999 • email@example.com
oriented and energetic professional experienced in financial and operational management. Proven abilities that include Financial Statement reporting, financial analysis, strategic planning, cost control, expense analysis, payroll management, benefits administration, project management, negotiations, cash flow analysis, budget coordination, audit and compliance, ERP system implementation and conversion.
Specific strengths and abilities include:
- Building and directing dependable financial information systems.
- Developing business models and strategic plans focusing on growth areas.
- Discipline and drive to complete objectives within required time constraints.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Accounting and Administrative staff supervision and Performance Appraisals.
March 2003 – Present Financial Manager Any Town, NY
- Joined a small business in distress and sustained it financially to generate marginal growth from its previous standing.
- Brought annual net revenue from under $600k to over $1.2m in eight months.
- Managed all fiscal and financial obligations that included but were not limited to: 941 reporting, gross receipts tax reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, unemployment tax, workers compensation tax, business tax return and company payroll.
- Managed the day-to-day productivity of five employees concurrent to managing all financial obligations, sales objectives, major sales transactions, revenue forecasting and pro forma budgeting.
- Planned and designed the production and initial distribution of two new products, concurrent to maintaining the current lines of production and distribution.
October 1998 – January 2003 Financial Manager Any Town, NY
- Instrumental member of the corporate finance team, leading the development of a financial and operational 5-year business plan, securing $150M of financing and laying the foundation for the company to restructure the balance sheet
- Spearheaded a comprehensive community by community operational and financial analysis, assessed by external auditors and resulting in over $100M of asset impairments; the largest impairment in the company’s 57 year history
- Managed the day-to-day finance and accounting functions of the SE New York Homebuilding Division delivering an average of 300 homes and $120M in revenue annually as well as the Southeast New York and West Central New York Tower Divisions inclusive of 5 Towers, 600 homes and $550M in revenue
- Designed and implemented a complex, Excel based financial pro-forma model, which now serves as the company-wide valuation tool when analyzing land acquisitions, divestitures and asset impairments
- Performed financial and operational due diligence on over $5B in real estate assets nationwide, including to be developed for traditional homebuilding, high-rise towers (condo-hotels), marinas (wet and dry), and golf courses
- Deployed over $250M in capital (+/-15 land transactions) projected to yield more than $500M in gross margin
- Supported the SVP of Business Development in determining market penetration strategies, resulting in the identification, evaluation and closing of two M&A transactions totaling over $225M in enterprise value and establishing the company’s Mid-Atlantic and Northeast U.S. Divisions
September 1995 – October 1998 Financial Analyst Any Town, NY
- Analyzed financial statements and established appropriate credit levels. Monitored exposure to existing customers to avoid excessive risk and potential losses. Partnered with Quotation and Project departments on large-scale projects to ensure correct invoicing of orders and prevent overbilling.
- Managed department that consistently exceeded delinquency percentage targets for $100 million annual revenue assignment through diligent attention to individual assignments and on-going communication with past due customers. Further reduction in assignment’s average Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) by prompt attention to and correction of partial payments, skipped invoices, and disputed items.
- Utilized aggressive collection measures to limit bad debt losses to below budgeted amounts. Over 98% collection rate on $500,000+ of inherited, severely past due receivables through work out payment plans and enforcement of secondary protection. Balanced needs for repayment of delinquent items with consideration for continued credit need to ensure on-going customer viability.
- Standardized and enforced terms and conditions of sale to customers and vendors. Reviewed individual purchase orders to determine acceptable risk levels in areas such as consequential damages and warranty issues.
- Member of branch steering committee responsible for overall branch profitability including net income of $4.4M in 2008 and $1.8M in 2009. New York office net income figure placed in top 10% of branch results each year. Responsible for appropriate staffing levels, communication of company information to branch personal, and establishing general working environment conditions and policies.
- Regularly met with peers to share and discuss industry news and events.
New York University
Bachelor of Science
- Certified Public Accountant, NY
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- MBA Candidate, New York University
- System Implementation: SAP, Deltek Cost Point, SunGard HE Banner
Financial Statement reporting, financial analysis, strategic planning, cost control, expense analysis, payroll management, benefits administration, project management, negotiations, cash flow analysis, budget coordination, audits and compliance, ERP System Implementation; SAP (MM,FI Modules), Deltek (Cost Point), SunGard (Banner)