999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
leader with experience in state and federal financial management and analysis. Recognized for leadership, strong attention to detail, and ability to locate and recover $450,000 in unused grant funds. Excellent communicator with strengths in:
- Budget Analysis & Management
- Microsoft Office Suite, Peachtree & Quickbooks
- Accounting and Billing Reports
- Grants and Contract Management
- Marketing & Advertising Solutions
- Federal Grant Financial Reporting & Compliance
Chief Financial Officer and Financial Manager, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 8/2007-Present
- Spearheaded development and implementation of commercial data warehouse which significantly improved analytical and reporting capabilities.
- Strategically restructured financial reporting processes in accordance with organizational changes.
- Served as key leader in effectively reducing group expenses.
Financial Manager, XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 5/2006-8/2007
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage and perform the month end close process, analysis and preparation of financial data and managerial reports. (Including analysis of P&L variance, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Maintain the general ledger to ensure that transactions are reflected properly and in accordance with internal and external reporting formats Quick Books Pro 2008.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and chart accounts.
- Support department managers and respond requests and questions regarding month-end financial .
- Perform financial and operational analysis and reporting and prepare internal controls on each location to safeguard intercompany activities.
- Assist in forecasting and annual budget process.
- In charge of accounts payables and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for invoicing clients and work collection.
- Responsible for the office management and assignment of duties of over 35 employees.
- Perform financial and operational analysis and reporting.
- Organized and managed special projects helping to implement new software, chart of account maintenance, according with accounting procedures.
Financial Manager, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 1/2006-5/2006
- Organized, supervised and maintained General Ledger, Efficiently synchronized catering and café operations, Set up accounting framework, acquired and installed accounting software.
- Monitored data entry to bring accounts up-to-date.
- Produced monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Advised management on financial related matters for decision making
- Assessment of risk and controls and development of stronger internal controls
- Regulated company’s cash flow and monitored bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly manual journal entries and completion of all bank reconciliations
- Preparation and reconciliation of Payroll accounts and remittance of payroll taxes.
- Preparation of yearend financial statements and supporting schedules for external audit.
- of Science, Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY Dean’s List (2003, 2004) 5/2004
LEADERSHIP & RECOGNITION
- New York State Internal Control Association, Officer and education and training committee member
- New York State Commission on Public Integrity, Ethics Training (2008)
- Women of Excellence, nominated as a Emerging Business Professional (2005)