999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • 999-999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
capable of utilizing my expertise while illustrating diligence and professionalism.
Financial Controller (Payroll and Billing and Budget Manager)
February 2008- Present, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Implementing central financial controlling for all foreign branches and real estate business area, particularly ongoing monitoring of performance and regulatory reporting or ad hoc reporting to the Board of Management.
- Providing management-related information on all foreign branches and real estate business area.
- Involvement in the group-wide planning and management process in all issues related to foreign branches, including establishing proposals for the respective top-down requirements.
- Implementing Group-wide regulatory and economic (equity) capital controlling including drafting proposals to define the risk absorption capacity and risk collateral.
- Risk assets and MRP report at business area and support operation level.
- Separate subject-specific analyses for the entire Board of Management or individual Board members.
November 2007- May 2008, XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Report to Chairman of Board.
- Manage Project Controller and 3 Project Accountants, in the areas of Project Accounting Billing, AR, AP and Payroll.
- Review Project Costing for accurate job costing.
- Account for ongoing projects under the Percent of Completion Method of Accounting.
- Manage Sage FAS software for Fixed Asset Maintenance.
- Perform Accounts Receivable cash applications.
- Prepare standard adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare month bank reconciliations.
- Perform accounting for 5 wholly owned LLC’s; produce consolidated financial statements- Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flows for Parent.
- Manage annual preparation of Annual Business Plan (ABP), while reviewing work performed by project accountants and Divisional Heads. Responsible for Support Division ABP as it relates to groups, which including Executive, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Manage a 2.5 million dollar line of credit.
- Oversee a 3 month projection of Accounts Receivable collections.
- Prepare a 12 year actual and forecast of Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and Statement of Cash used by outside stock valuation firm to value our ESOP.
- Assist Vice President in Risk Management evaluation and negotiation of annual renewal of all insurance policies.
- Manage year end commercial audit and FAR audit by outside CPA firms.
September 2006-2007, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Managed financial accounting and reporting responsibilities for multiple water, beverage and cookie businesses with aggregate revenues of $80 million in accordance with IFRS and GAAP standards.
- Responsible for all facets of accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, inter-company, weekly cash flow analysis and month-end close.
- Prepared monthly reporting, mid-year and year-end financial consolidation package to Parent Company.
- Partnered with Business Planning Manager to ensure forecasting accuracy.
- Developed and implemented procedures resulting in efficiencies in monthly invoicing and cash collections resulting in a reduction of DSO from 75 days to 40 Days.
- Developed, documented and implemented key internal control policies and procedures.
- Implemented web-based Travel and Entertainment reimbursement system to minimize manual intervention, increased visibility and independent authorization procedures.
- Developed and implemented the Travel and Entertainment company policy
- Implemented Microsoft Dynamics ERP accounting system. Activities included: creation of chart of accounts, pricing and posting groups, standard cost, account mapping, and external data uploads.
- Automated the upload process of the ADP weekly payroll.
- Responsible for coordination and support of the annual financial audit.
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of a staff of three (two senior accountants and one staff accountant).
- Resolved complex employee relations issues in partnership with Human Resources, which resulted in coaching, counseling, corrective performance management, and termination of employment.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, Paychex, and the World Wide Web. Enter text at 40 words per minute. Capable of preparing spreadsheets, graphs, write, format, and proofread memos, reports, Power Point presentations, and web designs.
York College, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
References are available upon request.