999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
with eight years experience of being in a quantitative analytical & financial role performing strategic planning for and advising on projects.
COMPETENCIES & KEY SKILLS:
- P&L, gross sales and revenue projections, spreadsheet analysis
- Forecasting, benchmarking, time value of money, and variance analysis
- Financial modeling and planning (e.g., Budgeting, Earned Value)
- Financial review and presenting recommendations
- Analyze and interpret contracts and deal memos
- Drafting supporting documentation and financial reporting
- Driving process improvements and communicating with key decision makers
- Advising on and supporting business development opportunities
- Computer software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Hyperion-Essbase, SAP)
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated high degree of ethics and integrity
- Detailed-oriented, results-focused, and proven ability to meet tight deadlines
ABC Inc. (2002-Present)
Key Job Function: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Developed and prepared corporate and divisional budgets (income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow) for four companies for 2008 and a 3-year budgeting period from 2009–2011. Assisted marketing division and administrators with sales forecasts, established revenue and expense categories, and coordinated with all necessary departments and executive staff to link budget to strategic goals and objectives.
- Developed cost models to ascertain divisional profitability by pay source, discipline, and employee for all divisions, allowing directors and administrators to view financial health through different scenarios.
- Developed financial models to assist management in establishing a financial picture given specific occurrences, and developed a bonus program standard for marketing and service employees to standardize payments of bonuses, promoting equitable bonus payments.
- Established fringe, general and administrative, and indirect percentage rates for two companies to capture the total cost for any part of the business, which enabled instant analysis and to quickly ascertain if a particular business decision would be profitable.
- Assisted the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with managerial and financial tasks as needed, the CFO to concentrate on other critical issues.
- Performed closing functions and the daily cash projections, and completed the weekly financial dashboard for management review which incorporated key financial figures enabling quicker reaction time to possible problems.
- Developed a custom ratio (revenue to cost ratio) and re-formatted the income statement with other ratios to enable users to analyze data more effectively and efficiently.
- Conducted a financial training seminar enabling decision makers to better understand details contained within the income statement and how to affect positive financial change.
XYZ Corp. (1999-2001)
Key Job Function: Financial Analyst and Project Lead
- General Ledger, A and P, A and R, project management, monthly financial reconciliation, budgeting, forecasting.
- Participate in the identification of data sources that will provide variables in account reporting.
- Manipulate large, complicated sets of account-level data and perform all necessarily data preparation and cleaning functions to minimize errors.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place and best practices are implemented for printed materials and account reporting.
BCD Inc. (1996-1999)
Key Job Function: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Performed financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Conducted pricing analyses for new products.
- Created spreadsheets for cost and benefit analyses on existing products.
- Prepared PowerPoint presentations for sales performance and market analyses.
- Created and maintained database for commissions paid to our sales representatives.
- Conducted variance and gap analysis.
- Assisted in the preparation of period-end financial statements (BS & IS).
- Maintained and interpreted monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participated in the ERP system implementation.
- , International Management, School of Global Management, NY (1998)
- BBA, Business Administration, New York University, New York, NY (1995)
French (fluent), Spanish (fluent), Japanese (intermediate)