999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
JAMES WILSON, MBA
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
financial, accounting, analytical, operational and personnel functions at Director and CFO levels. MBA, BBA – Accounting, magna cum laude. Enhanced revenue through improving billing and collections processes, and precise auditing of activities. Built a unified budget process for use by multiple budget managers. Combined finance and accounting functions with analysis function. Developed dashboard indicators and benchmarking through advanced drill-down of transaction systems. Designed data warehouses to facilitate advanced and rapid analysis of operations. Presented results of finance and operations to Boards and created executive reporting systems. Facility with Microsoft Office applications, Visual Basic, SQL Server, Oracle, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, advanced SQL queries.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Title: Finance Director
Dates: 10/2007 – Present
- Cash management and reconciliation of domestic and foreign accounts.
- Manage accounting and finance issues, including monthly close, A and R, A and P, policy interpretations, balance sheet reconciliations and daily productivity of Accounting Department.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and management reporting for company’s subsidiaries.
- Provide corporate management with a consolidated monthly reconciliation of revenues and expenses, with appropriate variation explanations and analysis.
- Consolidate information from Marketing development teams to produce on-going magazine subscription volume re-forecasts and communicate these changes to management.
- Assist Marketing department in evaluating the economics of partner programs, provide deal evaluation support and analysis for ongoing programs.
- Critically evaluate new, or renewal, contracts for appropriate revenue recognition language and accounting, legal and taxation guidelines.
- Act as primary point of interface with the corporate office, publishing fulfillment company, legal and taxation departments.
- Coordinate and develop the annual budget planning process.
- Combined revenue and expense re-forecasts from the planning personnel to provide group management and the business office with guidance on expected performance.
- Produced standardized divisional reporting packages and update all budget templates during annual financial budget period.
- Analyze and prepare special projects for the President and Directors of the division.
- Proactively communicate with marketing staff to insure strong understanding of changing promotional spending plans within the group.
- Coordinated and managed the conversion from Oracle to PeopleSoft Accounting system.
- Provide employee support with PeopleSoft module implementation, usage and procedures.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Title: Finance Director
Dates: 02/2006 – 06/2007
- Responsible for all accounting functions for a non-profit corporation with a budget of $3,000,000 and serving 360 preschool children.
- Prepare the yearly budget and all financial reports as needed by the BOT, Executive Director and the Federal Government.
- Drawdown federal funds on an as needed basis only.
- Maintain documentation of all records needed for the annual audit, federal review team; oversee all accounts payable and payroll for approx. 110 staff.
- Audit all GL account codes for accuracy and adjust as necessary.
- Supervise two accounting staff Management team member.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Title: Finance Director
Dates: 07/2005 – 02/2006
- Operate a one hundred forty million dollar line of business.
- Act as line of business “CFO”, assisting with operations, pricing, contract management and accounting.
- Manage a team of financial analysts.
- Oversee month-end closing process while ensuring proper revenue recognition.
- Provide financial planning and analysis to executive management for line of business.
- Develop the annual budget and strategic growth plan as well as the rolling forecasts with executive management.
- Support all corporate financial reporting requirements, including cash and cap-ex forecasting along with resource planning needs.
- Ensure line of business is in compliance with corporate initiatives and accounting standards (GAAP, FAR, and CAS).
- Develop and manage G&A and overhead budgets.
M.B.A. Management , The University of New York
B.B.A. Magna Cum Laude Accounting ,The University of New York
APPLICATIONS & USES
: MS Word; MS Outlook; MS Access (advanced); MS Excel (advanced); MS Query; MS PowerPoint
Financial: Great Plains; MAS 90; QuickBooks; SAP; JD Edwards; Hyperion; Home-grown apps
SQL: Oracle; SQL Server; Rdb. SQL Queries: sub-queries, table expressions, semi-joins (EXISTS), set-based solutions
Healthcare: TriZetto QNXT; The Medical Manager; Intergy; G.E. Centricity; AMISYS; GeoAccess, GeoNetworks
Reporting: Crystal Reports; FOCUS; SQL Server Analysis Services; Pass-Through SQL; Stored procedures; T-SQL
Data Warehouse: Fact & Dimension Tables; Star & Snowflake Schemas; Calculated Fields; Business Rules
Operating Systems: MS Windows XP; SCO UNIX; IBM AIX; AS/400