999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Cell (999) 999-9999 • Home (999) 999-9999 • Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A, level-headed and enthusiastic Senior Financial Professional with over fifteen years of financial management expertise in a variety of industries including aerospace, commercial and military manufacturing, publishing, food distribution and public accounting. Highly skilled in financial budgeting, modeling, strategy development and senior level presentation. Demonstrable success in analyzing, collecting and presenting financial data for high level business direction and decision. An expert communicator, manager, morale builder and project leader with strong computer and application skills.
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY 2009-Present
- Generate monthly financial statements.
- Make proper adjustments with profit margins in accordance with the economy.
- Review monthly expenses.
- Review budgets and make necessary expense cuts.
- Report Quarterly Sales Tax and Use.
- Process payroll and payroll taxes.
- Audit customer files, sales tax permit exemptions, and general ledger.
- Ensure organization has proper insurance coverage.
- Keep all permits and license current with the State of New York.
- Handle all human resource areas including training for positions.
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY 2006-2008
- Coordinated relations between dealership and lenders.
- Assure all contracts and transactions were done in a fiduciary manor.
- Maintaining funding on deals within 7 days.
- Manage $1,000,000 in inventory.
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY 1995-2006
- Provide oversight to Assistant Controller and Finance Manager
- Direct the budgeting process for theatrical releases (P&A) as well as overhead
- Support the business unit in strategic and tactical planning by providing and presenting business for improvement and higher efficiency.
- Responsible for establishing financial control within the department by working with key players at the corporate level as well as outside stakeholders in order to create processes that drive productivity.
- Directly supervise a staff of four comprised of a Finance Manager, a Senior Accountant, a Financial Analyst and a Finance Coordinator.
- Negotiate and Manage contractual agreements to insure the financial implications are properly reflected in the P&L, clearly understood and adhered to.
- Direct the monthly closing process complete with P&L statements, balance sheet, budget variance analysis accompanied with concise explanation.
- Lead all financial resource planning activities, including the development and implementation of new financial systems that improve productivity.
- Present monthly financial results to corporate and several division heads and, when necessary, make recommendations for operational improvements.
- Manage AP, AR as well as employee T&E refund process to make sure all related company rules are applied correctly.
- Manage the department Purchasing card and Credit cards; review all monthly statements before authorizing payment and assure that all related Sarbanes Oxley rules are adhered to.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and work on special project as needed, I.e. lease vs. buy analysis, project ROI, NPV and their impact on P&L and Cash flow etc.
of Business Administration, New York State University, NY
B.S., Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting, New York State University
Passed State of New York Uniform CPA Exam
B.A., Biological Sciences with Great Distinction, Concentration in Molecular Biology, Minor in Chemistry, New York State University