999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: (999) 999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager of Finance and Accounting departments.
- 100% success rate on financial audits.
- Build high efficiency, low turnover teams.
- Excellent with technology and software.
- Skilled at adapting to change quickly while working well under pressure.
06/00-Present ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
- Member of the Mid Atlantic and National Accounts Leadership teams with core responsibility for the performance and delivery of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Responsible for the management and development of a 4 member team, 3 direct and 1 indirect, with key deliverables including business partnership and alignment around volume, A&P spend and OHs with their respective internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Distributor and Customer Quarterly Business Reviews, analyzing margins, product mix and ROI; which lead to informed decisions on future programming.
- Lead Planning and Forecasting processes while creating linkages between business Finance Directors as it relates to National Accounts as well as with Distributors.
- Ensure business has robust and aligned control environment that meets and exceeds the standards set forth with Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules and regulations.
07/98-06/00 XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Responsible for directing the State’s Financial Services team which provides financial planning, advisory and rates services to State’s leadership team. In addition, provide leadership to create a high performing finance team.
- Establish a strong business partnership with the State President to develop and implement the business strategy, grow the business and meet plans. Participate as an active member of the State’s regulated utility network of professionals.
- Build and lead a high performance rates and financial planning and analysis team. This requires setting expectations with the team, reviewing their work, coaching and training team members. Mentor staff members to ensure proper technical understanding of department’s goals, methodology and approach. Also mentor individuals in career development, project assignments, training opportunities, and understanding XYZ as a business. Actively liaise and promote teamwork with Shared Services and expert finance within XYZ, including Corporate and States.
- Provide finance leadership for all State regulatory proceedings including, rate case management, testimony, data request management and all other activities to support the efficient and effective regulatory compliance in the State. Provide expert witness testimony as needed within the regulatory process.
- Lead the development and support the execution of effective and accurate business plans, budgets and related analysis for the State. Deliver all information to Shared Services and other expert organizations within the company to prepare regulatory and SEC filings.
- Support Companywide initiatives to improve organizational performance through active participation and leadership. Take ownership of financial processes serving State.
- Ensure state compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage a staff of six financial professionals.
07/96- 07/98 BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Brought in the menu as the selling tool to help ensure all compliances and installed time lines and daily status reports for sales departments.
- Redesigned the core procedures from the sales floor to the finance office, to include sales managers and turnovers to all departments structured the same.
- Constantly outsourcing for new vendors for various products to include pulling credit bureaus as part of profit improvement.
- Mandated weekly sales meetings with all sales members and managers to discuss contracts in transit, pending contracts, accts receivable and turnover percentages.
May 2003 New York University Graduate School of Management New York, NY
MBA, Computers and Information Systems, 3.8 GPA
Dec 1995 New York University New York, NY
- with Excel and Access
- Hyperion Enterprise reporting and G and L interfacing
- Cognos Analysis Studio
- SBT Accounting
- Maconomy G and L and job costing software (ERP)
- Cartesis reporting system
- Some ADP and Paychecks software