999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • 999-999-99999
in obtaining an upper level management position in the accounting field; highly motivated and possess a strong willingness to accept responsibility in all areas.
January 2006- Director of Finance Operations
March 2010 ABC Inc: Any Town, NY
- Developed and recommended business policies and procedures that improved quality and drove revenue performance.
- Managed the $15M monthly recurring revenue cycle with an accurate and timely one day billing close including supervision of contract processing, forecasting, and implementation of new revenue sources.
- Lead the Oracle R12 system integration and automation of the quote-to-cash process, including billing, collections, reporting, procure to pay, and product set up functions for North American operations.
- Instituted SOX internal controls and system validation of financial data including subsidiary ledgers, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Developed and improved complex pricing models, proposals, and the contract process for all North American client contracts.
- Developed a variety of key Oracle Business Intelligence reports which included ad hoc reporting for internal and external customers.
- Managed and automated the monthly drop ship process for over 20,000 product shipments which reduced the error rate reduce to less than .01%. Saved over $2.2M in annual shipping costs.
- Lead the transitioned of all Financial Operations functions to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, including hiring new team members, and Business Operations functions to New York City.
- Managed the implementation and automation for approximately 20 new product groups per year.
- Reduced accounts receivable from over 15% greater than 60 days outstanding to under 6% for all lines of business.
January 2004- Director of Finance – Systems Engineering
December 2005 XYZ Corp.: Any Town, NY
- Responsible for managing and coordinating financial processes within Systems Engineering with annual CAPEX of $300M and OPEX $350M.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of Global Processing .
- Partner with Senior Vice President in taking an interdisciplinary approach to consider both the business and the technical needs of customers with the goal of providing a quality product at reasonable cost.
- Provide decision support used by business in evaluating investment opportunities. Support includes cash flow analysis, make-vs-buy and payback on capital investments.
October 2002- Director of Finance and Accounting
January 2004 BCD Inc: Any Town, NY
- Preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government agencies.
- Performed accounting procedures, budget preparation, payroll, and audit functions. Oversaw payables and receivables.
- Analyzed manufacturing costs. Was responsible for identifying inefficiencies and waste. Calculated a variety of cost variances and suggested corrective action to upper management.
- Met regularly with all executives to keep them informed and to offer direction.
- Analyzed company operations. Studied, analyzed, and reported on trends and opportunities for expansion and company growth.
- Supervised investment of funds and worked with banks and/or bankers to secure additional capital as required for projects and expansion.
- Worked closely with the General Manager and Shipping and Receiving Department, which included duties such as setting up freight forwarder accounts and pick-ups, review of the bills of lading and follow-up with customers when necessary.
- The ability to understand and negotiate with customers domestically and internationally was crucial to this position due to the large international diversity of the customers.
- Worked with QuickBooks 2010, First Data, Ship works, online payroll systems, and other related business software and systems.
1991-1995 New York College: Any Town, NY
Bachelor of Science- History
- Competent in the use of all PC equipment and various software applications such as Microsoft Office, ACCPAC, Ungerboeck International Event Management Software system and Lawson Business Management System.
- capable of Internet navigation and usage of electronic mail systems.
Available upon request.