999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999 9999 • email@example.com
financial professional with proven record of leading staff in all aspects of project management including financial analysis, vendor negotiations, and business expansion. Extensive experience overseeing all aspects of construction projects, with focus on managing builder, consumer, government, and commercial trade portfolios. Develop and execute financial programs designed to increase operational efficiency. Superior written and oral communication skills, with keen ability to interact with broad populations including C-level executives, sales representatives, clients, and vendors. Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously while working under pressure in fast-paced environment. Evaluate industry trends and use findings toward designing and executing strategies to boost company leveraging.
Areas of expertise:
- Project Bidding
- Cost Avoidance
- Global Expansion
- Labor Relations
- Appraisal Values
- Business Development
- Financial Management
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management
- Construction Projects
- Vendor Negotiations
- Project Development
- Profit Growth
- Process Improvement
- Building Materials
- Labor Relations
- Financial Management
Director of Finance (ABC INC.), Any Town, NY 1994-Present
- Required flexibility with regard to financial operations and reporting due to numerous transitions with the General Managers of the properties, all with varying management styles.
- Established A and R policies, ultimately reducing receivables aged over 180 days from 50% of outstanding receivables to less than 10% while ensuring consistent review by upper management.
- Due to multi-property vendors, combined with negative financial perception of the company as a whole, worked directly with A and P staff to ensure monitoring of high profile vendors for exceptional service and timely payments.
- Implemented company standards with regard to account reconciliations which corrected virtually all of the findings documented in previous audits.
- Team Member survey scores consistently improved, some 10-15%.
Director of Finance (XYZ CORP.), Any Town, NY (1992-1994)
- Prepared, analyzed, monitored, and reported on multiple departmental financials, including creation and presentation of annual budget models, forecasts, various variance reports, P & L’s, rebate programs, and all financial analysis – reporting activity in order to meet financial goals and improve on prior year .
- Coordinated and implemented various cost saving suggestions which were accepted and contributed $millions in projected savings. Suggestions included elimination of unnecessary expenses, product reductions & changes, technology advancements, and vendor contract re-negotiations.
- Oversaw monthly and annual accounting close, including analyzing, reconciling, and reporting on accruals, general ledger, and variances, as well as the monitoring of work in progress– analyzing costs and processes against plan from inception to completion.
- Prepared, analyzed and reported on ad hoc bid proposals for all special projects as needed.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of eighteen-person staff in all financial and operational activities, including training & development, personnel issues, reviews, and overall performance quality of various departments.
- Reorganized operations expense reporting by creating and integrating new financial models, including reconciliation, estimation, and bid analysis spreadsheets. This resulted in more efficient and streamlined financial reporting systems.
- Lead person in contract negotiation and analysis with all vendors, both new and existing, improving profitability as it relates to cost reduction. This contributed to huge cost savings throughout my tenure.
- Involved in the standardization, advancement, and implementation of more efficient departmental procedures and guidelines. This contributed to cost savings and staff efficiencies.
- Managed company’s paper inventory, including price negotiation, purchasing, budgets, and financial reporting.
- Responsible for new department personnel, including resume analysis, interviews, hiring and training.
- Member of corporate transition team involved in the transfer of products and divisions – centralizing operations.
- Directly oversaw the promotional and direct mail purchasing group in all activities, including bid analysis, contract negotiation, rate structures, and financial reporting. This group’s purchasing expenditures for 2008 amounted to $4 million dollars.
- Member of CEO’s corporate task force to review, redesign, and implement more efficient communication procedures between multiple departments. This task force achieved its goal, which contributed to increased revenue and departmental efficiencies.
- Oversaw departments annual summer intern program, including all training, management, and evaluation report.
- Promoted four times throughout my tenure here – from Finance Manager to Director.
Director of Finance and Corporate Operations (BCD INC), Any Town, NY (1991-1992)
- Direct daily corporate operations.
- Manage Human Resources department.
- Manage outsourced accounting firm and function.
- Develop financial and operational policies and procedures.
- Research and report factors that influence business performance.
- Monitor and analyze cash flow – to predict future trends.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable process.
- Prepare annual operating budget and analysis of variance to budget.
- Prepare financial projections and models of operations.
- Prepare industry benchmark analysis for CEO.
- Develop financial management techniques that minimize financial risk.
- Manage monthly expenses to insure positive financial results.
- Manage and Direct multiple projects.
- Prepare special financial and operational reports as requested.
- Manage weekly payroll for corporate employees and field officers.
Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Communication with Minor in Business Administration
State University of New York, NY
Credit Principles; Financial Statement Analysis
Manfred School of Real Estate certificate
National Association of Credit Management
Capital District Builders and Remodelers Association