999 Main Street
Any Town, NY
January 2007 to Present
- Place accounts on Credit hold once rolls over 30 days past due from due date.
Communicated this information directly to customer and sales associate assigned
to the account.
- Met with Division credit manager and Corporate credit manager monthly to
update/brief on accounts past due over 30 days with a past due balance of $5,000.
- Worked past due accounts 2-3 times a month. Contacted customer about the
status of the account and took necessary action such as placing on hold or
sending a 10 day demand letter or turned over account to attorney to file suit.
- Responsible for all legal accounts (third-party collections, liens, etc) and NSF
accounts. Accounts that are deemed uncollectible are sent to outside agencies
collection agencies or to attorney to file the necessary legal actions.
- Manages over 300 credit accounts with net assets of $5,000,000 supporting
January 2003 to January 2007
Vice President – National Credit Manager
- Oversaw national credit risk analysis and administration of a $14 million
portfolio in the sub prime commercial equipment and auto lease sector.
- Supervised, mentored and provided performance guidance to a staff of 13 Credit
Analysts and Administrative Support staff.
- Collaborated with 75+ outside brokers to structure lease proposals and resolve
all lending inquiries.
- Continuously monitored portfolio performance and conducted detailed monthly
and quarterly analysis of regional credit trends to determine needed changes to
credit matrix and lending policies.
- Analyzed prospective lessee credit bureau statements, tax returns and financial
statements to determine optimal contractual terms for the corporation and lessee.
- Monitored corporate lending practices to ensure compliance with all legal and
- Conducted business analysis of corporate operations and identified process and
technology improvements designed to grow market share, increase profitability
and streamline operations.
- Developed automated credit scoring database to effectively store credit
- Implemented portfolio snapshot dashboard as a repository of major portfolio
2001 to 2002
- Complete A/R month end.
- Respond to clients and guest Credit Card inquiries in a timely matter.
- Provide the credit card companies with efficient documents, signatures, swipes,
imprints, and itemized receipts so the inquire will not result to a chargeback.
- Sort and reconcile banquet event orders, banquet checks daily. Group accounts
and special events from the days prior to correct postings or charges for
- Finalize group accounts 3 days after departure date and providing accurate bills
to clients/guests sent via email and mail.
- Make sure all pre-paid group accounts are fully paid 3 days before arrival date
or a direct bill is established to guarantee payment.
- Handled challenging city wide groups with multiple subgroups, rooming list and
separate method of payments.
- By weekly collection calls to Tour & Travel and Catering/Sales accounts over
30-60 net days past due.
- Trained other co-workers in accounting A/R policies and duties per request
- Authorize credits and adjustments for all Tour & Travel group accounts and
- Follow all A/R procedures and policies by corporate standards.
- Approve or deny groups and events credit status with references given by HCA
and history with our property.
- Post and log in daily checks for more than 300,000 a week.
- Communicate and work well with sales managers and catering mangers.
- Minor training in the reservations department, accounts payable, income audit
and general cashiering.
- Conduct Credit meetings every month to discuss accounts over 60 net days past
due, delinquent, direct bills procedures and policies.
May 2001 University of New York
BS in Business Administration
GPA: 3.38/4.0…Dean’s list scholar
April 2006 Dale Carnegie Training
Dale Carnegie Course
Special Recognition for 100% attendance