999 Main Street • Any Town NY 99999 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Cell (999) 999-9999
Credit Manager, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY July 2009-Present
- the daily functions of a team of four collectors.
- Manage the accounts receivable for six different offices across the country; US and Canada.
- Manage 9,000 customers, sales revenue of $250 million a year.
- Reduced the DSO from 60 days at the end of fiscal year 2008 to 47 days at the end of fiscal year 2009. This generated an additional $1.5 million in free cash flow.
- Created credit policies and procedures.
- Assigned Credit limits, review of income statements.
- Completed lien waivers.
- Minimize bad debt write-offs by completing a comprehensive credit review of the customer base to set appropriate credit limits. This was accomplished by creating a credit analysis report showing payment history and sales data.
- Created a report that automatically reprints, emails, and faxes invoices to customers that are past due, reaching 9,000 customers in one day, through a Z_FI report created by IT SAP team and me being the business owner.
- Trained new employees on all credit applications including front end and network architecture.
- Worked with end users to specify and design functionality that improves the efficiency, effectiveness and usability of firm software.
- Allocated resources efficiently and effectively to maintain cash flow excellence and support company profitability.
- Minimized bad Dept. write-offs and hasten A and R collections by collecting open invoices and deductions through collection calls and letter.
- Created automatic notifications that went out to customer’s service team, customers, and sales.
- Setup new credit group categories including customers that pay by credit card, special promotional accounts, inter-company customers and so on to better manage credit risk.
- Create a Dunning process.
- Implemented more correspondence via email and fax with inside customers, actual customers, and sales.
- Established automatic order release parameters in the system to reduce cycle time of pending shipments.
- Contributed to the overall finance process to help ensure high quality, timely delivery of world class products.
- Reviewed current customers account for credit limits, increase credit limits within authorized parameters.
- Opened new accounts and do background check using Dunn & Bradstreet.
Credit Manager, XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY May 2009-July 2009
- Responsible for Credit & Collections of a financially distressed Company.
- Daily operation of the Credit Department.
- Performing Credit Approvals utilizing the Trans Union VRU system.
- Increased cash flow while reducing Bad Debt.
- Issued weekly aging reports to senior management.
- Resolve complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Department of Consumer Affairs and the General’s Office.
- Liaison between our Company and the various Outside Law firms and Collection Agencies handling our legal accounts.
- Responsible for court appearances when necessary.
- Assisting the CFO with Bad Debt Reserve calculations.
- Assisting outside auditors with semiannual and annual audits.
- Arrange payment work out arrangements with problem accounts.
- Able to retain customers by enhancing collections.
- “Hands On” management approach.
- Knowledgeable in the use of the ADD’s energy software, AS 400 system Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Credit Manager, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY Summer 2008
- Supervised a staff of 5-6 credit representatives, and 10-11 external collection analysts.
- Assisted in bring collections in house, hiring 8 new Credit Representatives.
- Responsible for credit, collections, and dispute resolution, for our Electrical, Utility, and Telecom divisions.
- Manage an Accounts Receivable asset of up to $208M, with only 1.2% over 30 days past due.
- Reduced Electrical division ‘over 30 day past due’, by half, to a 4 year low of 0.48%.
- Minimized overall bad debt to under $200,000 across divisions during an economic downturn.
- Beat competition in DSO performance the last two years.
- Introduced sophisticated financial analysis to minimize risk and promote sound sales strategies.
- Reduced delinquency and risk in international sales by enforcing contract and terms policies.
- Introduced a country risk tool with credit guidelines, for use by Legal, Treasury, and Sales.
- Worked with divisional, marketing, and sales on: terms, claims, e-invoicing, EDI, cash, and credit issues.
- Developed process improvements for revenue recognition and letter of credit management.
- Supported and consulted on the Get Paid software integration, having previously integrated a competitor.
State University of New York, Bachelor of Science, May 2009
Major: Sports Management
Cumulative GPA: 3.48 and 4.000 Graduated Cum Laude
: Dean’s List – Six consecutive semesters
Recipient of the President’s Out of State Scholar Award
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint