999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Cell: 999.999.9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
efficient implementation of automated financial, accounting, inventory control, and information systems, resulting in cost reductions, along with expertise in insurance, legal, and finance principles. Development of corporate strategic planning, including succession and contingency planning. Performing and directing all aspects of business accounting and financial functions, including cost accounting, budgeting, financial statements, accounts receivable and payable, income and cost forecasting. Preparation of depreciation and amortization schedules, expertise in federal, state and corporate tax returns, and documentation for external audits. Maintaining positive relationships with vendors, client management, licensing and regulatory agencies. Expertise in working with investors and banking professionals to secure capital for both start-up and restructured business operations. Exceptional leadership and team building abilities; adept at conceptualizing and problem solving. Exercise a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature. Possess strong alliances in related professional disciplines. Strong proficiency with LAN’s, Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains), ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), Oracle, ERP Systems, JD Edwards, Peachtree, Champion, Professional Property Management, DBA, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access Windows Vista, QuickBooks Pro.
Senior Level Executive with extensive hands-on experience in management, business leadership and working with Boards of Directors, Banks and Attorneys. Chief Financial Officer and Controller with an established record of success in growing enterprise value. Strong in budgets, cash forecasts, business valuations, and audits. Areas of expertise in:
- Financial & Strategic Planning
- Staff Management & Development
- Budget Development & Management
- Accounting & Financial Operations
- Complex Business & Tax Issues
- Business Expansion
- Operations Management
- Turnaround and Crisis Management
ABC INC., Any Town, NY 2009-Present
Chief Financial Officer
- Lead finance and IT teams to implement world class financial reporting systems to facilitate the strategic plan.
- Design and develop key metrics, balanced scorecard, and related incentive plans to drive profitable behaviors.
- Consolidate plant operations and divest equipment division and other assets to improve cost position and free-up $5M in cash for alternative investment.
- Drive value stream optimization initiatives to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities to 40+% gross margin levels. Implement timely pricing strategy to combat volatile petrochemical market.
- Restructure corporate entities to optimize treasury functions and tax position. 5-year tax holiday qualification.
- Drive financial planning and budgeting process to exceed profit goals for 4 consecutive years.
- International experience includes; China, India, Thailand, U.K., Czech Republic, Canada, Philippines and Japan.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 2007-2008
Chief Financial Officer
- Create a business plan and private placement document for investors.
- Evaluate additional businesses and service lines for feasibility and minimum return on investment.
- Create management and Board of Director reporting package and metrics.
- Develop all operational, financial and compliance policies and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with bankers, auditors, custodians and other vendors.
- Design, implement and evaluate internal control procedures.
- Develop cash management and capital protection strategies.
- Implement and maintain a budget and forecast model.
- Design tax planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY 2006-2008
Chief Financial Officer
- Managed a top-performing team of five senior managers within the finance department charged with administering the control policies over the company’s entire legal entity structure.
- Developed and maintained long-term funding relationships with large financial institutions and local commercial banks to ensure available liquidity and operating capital.
- Secured debt financing utilizing industrial revenue bonds, commercial real estate loans, and capital expenditure equipment lines of credit.
- Negotiated and managed the company’s employee health, property, and liability insurance identifying the most comprehensive and cost-effective programs aligned to the organization’s needs.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
M.S., Finance, University of New York, New York, NY
B.S., with Honors, University of New York, New York, NY
CPA Accreditation – 9 months
New York Society of Certified Public Accountants
NY Chamber of Commerce